Cancer Community
chronic pain and no period after LEEP

This patient support community is for discussions relating to cancer, cancer staging, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, and tumor types.

chronic pain and no period after LEEP

I had a LEEP procedure done in December of 2008 and ever since I have had chronic pain and only one period. I also had a ruptured ovarian cyst at the beginning of March that Dr's said was unrelated. The pain is affecting my relationshiop with my husband, and i don't want to be stuck taking pain killers for the rest of my life. The pain gets worse from sitting a long time. Does ANYONE else have these symptoms? I've also ben losing weight if that makes a difference.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
If you have an abnormal Pap test result, your doctor may suggest that you have a loop electrosurgical excision procedure (LEEP) as part of the evaluation .

After the LEEP you should not:
Have sexual intercourse for as long as recommended by your physician
Lift heavy objects
Use tampons
Douche
Take tub baths--take showers only to prevent infection
It's important for you to remember that having cervical dysplasia does not mean that you have cervical cancer. However, treatment of the abnormal area is imperative to prevent abnormal cervical cells from developing into cervical cancer.

So some patients take much time to recover but remember that you had abnormal cells and your clinician does not want it to develop to cervical cancer.
You are fighting a simple thing and want to come out healthy, for this you may suffer for 6months to 1year max and i advice you to go for a joint counselling as at this time your family should support you.
Take care and Best of luck , you are doing very good!