Cats Community
Beener's Ears

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet cats!

Beener's Ears

His right ear is flat,,flopped over and he keeps shaking his head. He wont let me get near him either.  Have you ever seen this?
poor little Beener....I just did a quick search on a site I refer to often a found this write up...could be whats bothering him as it does say a symptom is outer ear swelling....

http://www.petmd.com/cat/conditions/ears/c_ct_otitis_externa_and_otitis_media#.UMJijHcstOI
It is SWELLED up!

We have an appoint tomm 1045 with the Vet! He is running around crazy as usual he just puked and then ran thru the house! Thanks Opus! Ill try and get a pic here
I wouldn't use the benedryl until you see a Vet and get a Dx...but if you do make sure and get the one with only active ingredient of diphendydramine HCI..the cold and allergy ones contain acetaminaphen and are very dangerous for cats....:((
and the safe dosage is 1/2 mg/per lb. (5mg for a 10lb cat)....lets see what the Vet says sounds to me more likely the infection rather than a bite....NEVER let your Vet talk you into the long acting antibiotic called CONVENIA...its a wicked long lasting injection with many adverse side effects...NO to NSAIDs especially metacam either...Vets like these and they are dangerous!!
good luck...you didn't need more problems right now did you..:((
Ill wait! No but its helped get my mind off things. Im sitting around "waiting" for something to happen and it may not! So confusing..BUt right now Been is the priority-his ear. Im glad the one Vet is there tomm! I might try to clean it with vinegar and alcohol but he wont let me near him yet-gonna have to wait till later when he comes to me. :)
He has a hematoma in his ear that may or may not go away and he may or may not have a floppy ear for the duration of his life. Cuz of his age they are just going to monitor it. He scratched a nice sore behind it though!! Oh and he has earmites again so they treated that. If it bothers him to the point he cant walk then it has to be surgically excised. Which again-the sedation and his age and senility are a factor. Makes me sad to see him have a loppy ear :(