Cat that wont gain weight
My cat won't gain weight. We tried de-worming him 2 or 3 times but it didn't help.  We had to move and couldn't take him with us, so we gave him to my mother-in-law to take care of until we could find a house. Now he looks like skin and bones, even though he gets fed twice a day and has constant access to water. He's still really active, and when you pick him up none of his hair falls out. Please help I'm worried it could be something serious!!
Yes, I'm sorry, but it could be something serious.  It could also be something that isn't serious but that needs to be taken care of or he will most probably die.  Either way, you need to take him to a vet immediately, like yesterday, ok?  It' s very likely that he has a parasite that your wormer doesn't touch, especially if you've been using an over-the-counter wormer.

Thank you so much I've been so worried about him and I just could not figure out what to do. Thanks again!!
yes, take him to the vet.  my little guy won't gain weight either.. i found out he was hypothyroid.  he needs meds 2x a day.  it's why he doesn't keep on weight... your lil guy needs to see a vet asap.  they can treat this...
I just took my cat to the vet friday for the same problem. He is 11 and is losing weight and eats normally and is frisky. He was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism. It's apparently very common in older cats and is treated with oral or topical medication. Sounds like your cat has the same problem. So take him in to get some bloodwork.
Out of curiosity, were you doing the deworming before you moved? or after your moved and your fuzzball moved in with your mother in law?

Definately take him to a veterinarian. He could have an internal problem, or he could be depressed because of the move, or even have an upset tummy if his food/diet was changed. Either way, weight loss is something to be concerned with.

I was wondering how your kitty is doing now?
My cat is 11 and weighs 7 1/2#.  she had worms but latest stool sample showed nothing abnormal.  She eats up to 5 cans of Fancy Feast a day. Her fur is thick and beautiful.  She pees, poops, plays, cuddles and normal in other ways.  Spent $400 worth of tests and they all came out normal.  Can't figure out what is wrong with her and neither can her vet
well congrats on the fact you are at least NOT feeding dry food....however fancy feast isn't a great food( I know cats love it....we all love our junk food)

I really think she needs a change in diet. to one with NO grains and NO by-products so she is getting more protein that she needs to gain weight, the meat source ie: chicken, beef, turkey, fish whatever MUST be the first ingredient on the label..... not all the fillers..would sure be worth trying and not spending all that $$$ on more testing.

I will send you a site, the best one I know on cat nutrition, some of it won't apply to you(this dr. is very anti dry food and pro raw feeding)....
but its still very informative. at the top right hand side of the article you will also see the heading "COMMERCIAL CANNED FOODS" where she does give a list of the best grain free commercial foods avail. these you have to buy at a pet store and not a grocery store.

if you do decide to change her diet be sure to go abt it slowly...a fast transition will give her diarrhea she will also probably refuse to eat the new food if not mixed 50/50 with the old, its like giving us a serving of broccoli when we love our french fries...lol

let us know how it goes, good luckā™„
copy and paste the site below

http://www.catinfo.org/#Learn_How_To_Read_a_Pet_Food_Ingredient_Label