Cat's jaw is badly disfigured, what can we or a vet do?
I don't know if anyone even comes on here to help anymore, but I'll try.

Our tom cat came home with a disfigured jaw, maybe the result of a fight or he might of gotten hit. He doesn't appear to be able to move it or eat really, he just drools on himself. What can we do to feed him? If we take him to the vet, can they do anything to help him, or will they just tell us to put him down?
oh yes we are still very active on here.....

yes indeed take this kitty to a Vet, it could well be an infected tooth...if he's not able to eat he must be in alot of pain and he desperately needs to be looked at asap....good luck:)
To me it looks more like trauma, it's really ugly. Like those tobacco cancer patients who's lower jaw gets malformed.

We will be taking him to the vet, but I just don't know. We can't affording thousands on a stray tom cat, or anything for that matter. But if is any bit affordable we will try to help him.
at least your gonna try and that is what counts....good luck, keep us updated okay♥
Do you or anyone else here have any idea what jaw surgery might cost on a cat?
well that definitely depends on the kind of surgery and the clinic...this can vary a great deal. get an estimate if surgery is even recommended, doesn't hurt to even get a second opinion IF your not familiar with the Vet you are seeing...
Are you in the US? I am in Canada...
We are located in the US.

We took him in and the doctor said that part of the bottom jaw is gone. There is a little bit of it there but it's been mangled, he will have to give him an anesthetic and do a closer examination to see if it even can be fixed at all. Said possibly a coyote or maybe hit by a vehicle. He will let us know shortly if anything can be done and what it will cost. But he kept saying it was pretty bad.

If they can help him, and it doesn't cost upwards of a thousand, we try to make the sacrifice for him. Poor thing. I just hope they give him pain meds soon.
We personally think due to the nature of this injury that he might have been a victim of an inhumane trap that someone could have set.
Sadly the poor thing couldnt be helped in the opinion of the vet. The damaged was too extensive and had started deterioration. We didn't take him for another opinion. So we gave permission to put him to sleep.

We are very sad. No one deserves to go through that. Life is so cruel and short!
I am so very sorry, although very hard euthanasia is sometimes just the kindest thing we can do for them, our final act of love. life is so very cruel at times I agree, no poor animal deserves to suffer.
you did what you could and thats what counts. RIP dear kitty♥