Cats Community
Help with cat - vomiting and won't eat - vet was no help

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet cats!

Please help me if you have any idea what I could do to help my cat. Moochy is 3 years old and started vomiting a week ago. She coughed up two big hairballs in that time and wouldn't eat. I took her to the vet on the third day. The vet kept her for five days, did every test available and confirmed she has slight bilirubin and a very low white blood count but he couldn't find any cause. She doesn't have feline HIV or leukemia. He gave her broad spectrum antiobiotics and gave me some to give her now she's back home. But she still won't eat - she's lost loads of weight, and she's still vomiting - though it's only liquid now.

The vet didn't tell me how to keep her energy up or feed her with a syringe or anything and I don't htink they supplemented her the whole week! My uneducated theory is she had hairballs and started vomiting and developed cat anorexia after a few days of not feeling like eating. So her bilirubin would be due to anorexia. But that doesn't explain the blood count. The vet said all he could think of is that she got poisoned somehow. But she's an indoor cat and we live in a child-safe, clean house with no known poisons around.

Please give me some advice if you can as to what might be wrong and how we can help her eat again - or at least keep her energy up?? I'm desperate. I will look for another vet this week if she's no better because I was very unhappy with this first one - but it all cost us nearly $1000 so I don't know how much more I can do. If I can do anything myself in the meantime I want to....
Thanks in advance -
KW
Well...one advantage to going to another vet is if you get a better diagnosis and the new vet gives you a statement that the first vet shouldn't have missed it, you can sue for your money back. :)
Seriously, try to do is in the next few days, the longer you wait, the less chance it would hold up in court (This is small claims court, if you pursue it, let me know, I'll walk you through the process if you need help),

Otherwise...5 days is a long time. I'd worry that kitty has some sort of blockage that's put him off her feed (which could cause a small bleed, and thus a low WC count...but that's a guess, Quite a few other possibilities).

Is she breathing fine? (stuffy nose?) if not, that'll do it as well.
It could be a stress reaction from being uprooted for that five days.

Regardless, go to the pet store, pick up a milk supplement (like KMR milk replacer) and get a feeding syringe.

Follow the instructions for mixing it up (I prefer the powdered, its storable). Now,gently push the syringe through the gap between the teeth at the BACK of the jaw. Press gently where the jaw joints to help get kitty to open his mouth. Place the tip of the syringe at the BASE of the tongue (back) and firmly (not to fast, or two slow) squeeze and dispense.

It's best to get kitty in a slightly tipped back position to ensure it doesn't just dribble out.

Otherwise, if you think hairballs are an issue, than treat with a good remedy from the pet store.
A similar thing happened to my cat a few years ago.  He puked, then stopped eating entirely, and wasn't peeing or pooping either.  A battery of tests, an operation and $3K later, it turned out to be a hairball (as hard as a rock) lodged in his intestine.  They removed it surgically.  We now shave him fairly regularly.

I would definitely get a second opinion.  Also - other times, when our cat quits eating, we give him baby food (at our vet's suggestion), and that usually gets him to come around again and start getting back to normal.
My cat stopped eating and drinking for a few days and was vomiting clear liquid. He had no energy, was depressed and hiding... Force- feeding him didn't work, he just kept throwing up.  This is actually the second time it's happened and I was really worried about him.  The vet I took him to two years ago retired so I decided to go to another one.

They did x-rays, a blood test, checked him from front to back, took his temperature, and found nothing wrong with him.  Well, the blood test showed some slight abnormalities but she said it was probably due to dehydration.  He was severely dehydrated so they hooked him up to an IV for a few days.  Still was not making any progress 48 hours later, was not eating or drinking, and the vet didn't know what to do next.  She thought it could be cancer or pancreatitis but I would have to pay for more tests that might not find the problem.

I decided to go back to the old vet and get my cat's file.  I remembered some of what he had done and tried to explain it to the new vet but she wasn't really taking what I was saying seriously.  I presented her with the file and she read it over and agreed it was the exact same problem.  I left her with the file at about 11:30 AM and went home thinking my cat wasn't going to make it.  He hadn't eaten since Sunday and it was now Friday.  It was not looking good and we were running out of time.

Then I got a call from the vet at 4:00 PM.   She had given my cat medication to calm his stomach and stimulate his hunger and he finally ate something and didn't throw it up!  She did exactly what the other vet did and it helped immediately!  Whatever medication he was given was like a miracle drug.  She was even shocked at how quickly he responded to the medication.  I brought him home at 7:30 and he is doing very well so far.  

The vet was looking for some serious underlying problem the whole time to explain the vomiting and it was probably just something he ate that severely upset his stomach...

We're going to keep giving him the medication the next few days and if he doesn't regain his appetite we have a high calorie cat food paste that we will force feed him, rub a bit on the roof of his mouth, but I think he's going to be ok.  So far so good, anyway.

Hopefully this information helps somebody out there.  Maybe it will save someone some money or even save a cat's life.
Same for my 10 month-old male siamese x: vomiting, not defecating, not eating or drinking. The vet took two x-rays, sent the x-rays to the internist, found "nothing remarkable".  My cat was on IV's for dehydration and put on anti-biotocs for high white blood cell count (indication of an infection) and anti-vomiting medication. They even gave him an enema (that didn't work!).  They sent him home with furball/high fiber catfood (that he absolutely refuses to eat) and well wishes all around.

He is sick again three days later. I must admit that I slacked off on the anti-biotics yesterday because he looked so much better the second day. Today, he is vomiting clear liquid, foam, not eating.

I take responsibility.

I am worried about these hair-trigger responses to "sue the vet" or what ever care provider is invovled. Sometimes, it was our fault to begin with (hopefully, unintentionally) or just the way it had to be. Stop with the "SUE YOU" mentality already why don't you? And accept things as they are with some appreciation along the way.

My cat is still sick.  But my sincere and loving prayers for my kitty, my gratitude to two vets in the group practice may create as healing a space as possible. And, I must share: "DON"T STOP THE MEDS" with deep regret for having done so myself. .  I take responsibility. It is my fault.

I share this so that you don't repeat my mistake.

And may all our kitties be well really soon.
My 4 year old cat is doing same things...she is vomiting clear liquid/foam, she won't eat and doesn't drink much, vet said he couldn't find anything.  I am getting so worried about her, she has lost so much wieght...I just don't know what to do....can anyone help me???
hi and welcome...tell me how long has she been vomiting? is she eating at all?
My 10yrs old cat is the same...and he hasn't eat or drink for three days....he tried to go pee but seems like nothing he could pee and he just sit at the litter box for a long time...amd after that he just hide himself for the entire day....i'm so worry and thinking to send him to vet today...but i'm also worry about the bill i might not be able to afford...but knowing i can't leave him at home not eatting and can't pee so painful.......sigh.....i'm afraid the vet can't help my cat either...... >,<
hi and welcome, you REALLY need to get this kitty to a Vet asap....this isn't anything to postpone kitty is in alot of pain when unable to pass his urine, his bladder could burst...please don't wait another minute..its been plenty long enough..♥
My cat is very sick. He started with throwing up food and now it's down to clear liquid. He don't have any energy, that's to not eating and drinking hopefully. He's been like this for 2 days now. We called the vet and was told it could be a hair or string wrapped around his tongue. Our house is so safe, so I don't think it's a string. She said that he would have to be sedated to check out the back of his tongue. Has anyone come across this with one of your cats?
PLEASE  help me, if you can... Lil
The same thing happened with my 2 year old cat two days ago. He suddenly stopped eating or drinking after throwing up all what he had had before. He was mostly hiding when not seeking my attention and throwing up on my bed.

I was so stressed out and had to cancel my overseas flight ($300 cancelation fee) because I would never leave my cat with friends or his pet sitter in a such a condition.
I've read some posting here and decided NOT to go to a Vet RIGHT AWAY but to use some common sense. Upset stomach and food poison happen to people all the time, right? First I made a mistake trying to force some wet food (Fancyfeast) but he would throw it up.
- I started giving a bit of water every hour and he didn't vomit it. He is less dehydrated now; he started eating and even playing with his toys.
I think it was a hairball to start with, and then he ate a lot of cat grass that irritated his stomach (he threw up a big hairball and some cat grass).

The bottom line, we are going to his vet in 3 days just to check that everything is OK but don't get too stressed out right away, maybe it is just a hairball!
My 5 yr old cat stopped eating and drinking for 5 days now I brought her to the vet on monday he said she has a thickened bladder and is treating her for a bladder infection he gave her amoxicillin and glucosamine pill to help with the thickened bladder. Well she's been on that for 3 days and she's still not eating or drinking no poop or pee either... She vomited 4 days in a row but hasn't yet today. I'm scared we are going to loose her. I'm bringing her back to the vets tomorrow. Any suggestions on what to do to help my baby girl????
My cat was vomiting a lot and then wouldn't eat. After one trip to the vet & given pain relief and broad spectrum antibiotic injection, she stopped vomiting but wouldn't eat although seemed hungry. It turned out she had a gum ulcer at the back of her mouth just below a back tooth. Once that was treated she eat well again with in a couple of days.
cats shouldn't be on an antibiotic unless there has been a C&S done and a definite 'infection' present....same as for us.
that being said, she's started and now must finish...there is something more serious going on, could be dental as spyda suggested or many other things. first of all she needs to be put on an IV and hydrated after all the vomiting and not eating. A cat cannot go that long without food, fatty liver disease will start to shut down her organs.
be sure to get her to a Vet today with NO delay or it will be too late.
be sure the Vet does a more thorough testing and emergency care this time...
good luck to your dear little girl. keep up posted please♥
hi so my cat is 6 he was just diagnosed with diabetes but the vet thinks theres another underlining issue because he's a thin active cat. but yesterday he started puking for no reason even tho he had nothing in his stomach i didnt give him his insulin that morning and then i had to leave for work when i got home my mom told me he had kept puking while i was at work and he was just laying on the floor and wouldnt move at all. so i took him to the vet they said he was severely dehydrated and told me id have to pay almost a 1,000 dollars to keep him over night so they could give him fluids... and i dont have that kind of money laying around so i took him home and have been trying to give him water through a siring but if i give him to much he pukes up a yellowish water and then a foam.... im so worried hes my baby and i want him to get better please help me asap!!!!! im so worried about him.. and i need advice!!
He needs sub-q fluids to hydrate him. That's what they would give him overnite. Your vet can sell you a back of electrolyte fluids, needles, and give you simple instructions how to administer the fluids. It's under $50. Do it ASAP, please. Your cat's life depends on it. <3
My cat Silence is 8, long haired main coon, and had been vomiting the past 2 days. Will not drink water or eat his hard food. No energy, lying around. I don't believe he has used the litter. I have got him to eat a few treats, and some wet food which I added some water to, to help supplement him not drinking. I think he may have a hairball since he is long haired, so just tonight I've tried petroleum jelly for that. I don't have the money for an expensive vet visit. Please help. Any suggestions, stuff I could buy from pet store to help with dehydration? He is my baby and I would be devastated if I lost him right now. Please email ***@****
I am very sorry Silence is so ill, we cannot diagnosis we are only pet parents besides this cat needs to be seen by a Vet, I know money is tight...but he is your baby and you need to somehow find the money or make payment plans with a clinic or I'm sorry to say your baby will not live....he needs help and asap!!!!
I have a similar story to yours tabbycat1. What kind of medication did you give your cat to calm stomach and stimulate hunger??  Just found out that my kitty swallowed a 6 to 8 inch string. She has spent 3 nights at the vet because she is not eating by herself. Hooked up to ivys for dehydration. She passed the 6 to 8 inch string in her stool. Any comments or advice would be great!
sorry to hear of your kitties problems. you are asking a question to tabbycat1 who hasn't been on this forum since 2009. you need to be asking your Vet what he/she can give to calm her stomach and ask for a B12 injection to stimulate the appetite....this works very well.
offer her foods she loves...even some canned tuna(for a day or two only)...try different canned foods and find one she will like, even jarred baby food meats (with NO onion...just pure meat)...keep trying until you find something to interest her and get her eating....
best of luck♥
Thank you for your help! I appreciate it. Going to see what the vet says today. she looks 100% better than she did after being hooked up to IV. she just not has ate on her own. They are siring feeding her. Do you think it takes a couple days for her to eat after passing a string? Nervous at the vet to the point of not wanting to eat? She is using the potty which I'm very thankful for, holding food now, and no longer vomiting. Just don't understand why there is no prognosis after all these tests.
that is strange she is not trying to eat on her own....if the tests show nothing is wrong, it could very well be that she is like you say just too nervous to eat at the clinic and perhaps not being given a food she likes to get her interested either...
before taking her home be sure they demonstrate how to syringe feed properly...just in case you have to continue this for a few days...but I really think perhaps just getting her home,calming her down and giving her some tempting foods she will I HOPE eat for you!!!!
Keep us posted and best of luck.....♥
My kitten will be 3 months old on the 15th amd he was fine up until 2 days ago. He stopped being his normal self. All he would do was lay around. He could walk and was eating but today hes really skinny and weak. Hes puking up whatever i give him. Im on a fixed income and cant afford a vet right now since i just started working again. I need help please! Ive been in tears since i found him a few hours ago
I read comment and my cat is having the same symptoms could please tell me the name of the medicine that treat your cat thanks you can email me at ***@****
I hope you are able to give fluids to your kitty if you cannot take it to a vet, cats become dehydrated very quickly if vomiting and not holding fluids down. if the vomiting has STOPPED it is very important to rehydrate....please read the post I recently replied too.
it also leads to instructions on how to assist feed and lastly a video on how to properly give fluids by a dropper or syringe.
when a cat becomes severely dehydrated because of extensive vomiting it can lead to cardiac arrest....it becomes an emergency situation. IF the vomiting has not stopped by now, this kitty must see a Vet!!!!!

http://www.medhelp.org/health_pages/Pets/Syringe--Force-feeding-for-cats--Part-one/show/491?cid=2

and this video to show how

http://www.monkeysee.com/play/1334-cat-care-giving-liquid-medication

Cat keeps throwing up.
Two months ago my 11 year-old Kitty had a complete senior health check up at the vet and all was well. She has no parasites, no opportunity to eat poisonous things, and gets brushed every other day.

Kitty stopped eating when the cat food company changed her SO food. After 3 days of refusal to eat the new SO, I offered canned food. She ate a little and threw up within an hour.  For the last 3+ weeks we have tried numerous flavors of pate' variety of food.  Some she walks away from, and others she eats. But, the food gets thrown back up most of the time.

Needless to say, she has lost weight.  Kitty still has energy and shows interest in being fed, but doesn't eat one of the 2 meals offered each day. After 3 weeks, we still have vomiting at least every other day.

Calling my vet friend, she told me it is more serious for cats to stop eating for 48+ hours than it is for dogs and people.  She said to take Kitty in to be checked for Hepatic lipidosis and look at the bilirubin level when the blood work returns.   She also said vets at emergency clinics usually give a 10mg tab of famotidine when cats come in.  She also suggested milk thistle, might be useful.

I found some useful info on H.L. here:
http://maxshouse.com/Feline_Hepatic_Lipidosis.htm
. . . . .and a more 'light weight' discussion here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feline_hepatic_lipidosis
your Vet friend is very right abt Hepatic Lipidosis it is critical for a kitty to eat their correct caloric need everyday.
I will send you two sites...this first one deals with ideas on how to transition cats over to canned food...maybe give you some hints on how to make the food more palatable for her.
I do advise with a vomiting kitty to feed 4-5x's per day and very small meals...just a few bites but more often.  IF THIS IS ONLY A DIGESTION ISSUE and NOT a medical one.

http://www.catinfo.org/docs/TipsForTransitioning1-14-11.pdf

this next video and write up from Dr. Becker talks abt vomiting vs regurgitation ...and may also give you some help. keep us posted if we can be of more help. good luck to kitty♥

http://healthypets.mercola.com/sites/healthypets/archive/2012/12/17/vomiting-vs-regurgitating.aspx?e_cid=20121217_PetsNL_art_1
also wanted to mention there is something you can try to 'entice' marti to eat...its called Bonita flakes, I believe it mentioned in the catinfo page..butnot sure. I've never had to use it but apparently most cats love it, just need to sprinkle a few flakes on their food to get them interested in eating...NOT to be used as a complete diet...

http://www.iherb.com/Cat-Man-Doo-Sprinkles-Crushed-Dried-Bonito-Flakes-for-Cats-Dogs-2-5-oz-71-g/46334
We just had a cat come into the animal hospital I work in that actually did have a string wrapped around the back of its tongue. They had to sedate the cat to get it unraveled which saved the cats life. So it is possible. It's important that the string doesn't make its way down inside your cat because that can create even more problems, even the worst could happen if it wraps around the intestines. :(  Please let your vet help you!
My 15 week old cat Delilah is in the same phase of trouble, she hasn't ate regularly in 3 days. When we feed her dry treats she eats 4 or 5 but that's it. She is supposed to be spunky and crazy like a baby kitten should be and now ses lathargic, she tries to get up and play but I watch her just struggle to even move. She just threw up again, yellowish liquid. I have a vet appt this morning. It seems when she tries to drink her water she can't get her tongue out to do it. I'm worried about our baby:( any suggestions?
well I'm really happy to read you are taking this kitten to a Vet asap....its important to find out WHY Delilah has stopped eating than to get some food into her by 'assist feeding' if necessary, if you read posts I made above this one you'll find links to video's on how to safely do this...

cats are unique from humans or dogs their systems  go into Hepatic Lipidosis or Fatty Liver Disease very quickly when not eating..this is their internal organs shutting down and if not caught quickly the prognosis is very poor.

just eating a few treats per day is not giving her the nutrition she requires to live....this is a very DANGEROUS situation, she sounds like she is very weak already if she cannot even lick her water properly...I sure hope she gets the help she needs asap...

http://healthypets.mercola.com/sites/healthypets/archive/2011/12/13/feline-hepatic-lipidosis.aspx
Sounds like your cat has a urinary tract infection. It is very simple to diagnose and not too costly compared to other items cats can get.
What medication is this? Please respond ASAP. DJ, my four year old cat is not looking so well. Our Vets have not been the most helpful and I'm really scared for him. Please tell me the name of your medication.
I have a kitten about 4 or 5 months old. He is very playful, and eats anything. I took another kitten from the street 5 days ago. She had her leg cut, and I cured her, and took her to her new home today. From yesterday, he won't play, just sleeps, and doesn't use litter box. He doesn't have any other symptoms. Could it be, that the other kitten had some disease that transferred to my kitten, but she didn't show symptoms?  How sick is he and what should I do?
Hi. My kitty, Rain, stopped eating, hardly drinks water, has thrown up a clear foamy liquid but first time it was like a grass green, and he's sleeping all the time with no energy. This has gone on now about 4-5 days. He's an indoor cat. He went outside twice for a couple hrs about a week ago. I can't get him to eat at all. He'll occasionally sip water, and has gotten really thin! My ex just stopped paying me my child support and alimony out of the blue, so I don't have money to go to the vet. Please Help...Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!?? <3
My two cats did the same thing. Started with vomiting food, then yellowish liquid and foam. (Bile) took them to the vet and $700 later both had a bunch of injections and blood and urine tests. Nothing is wrong. After a few days of not eating their liver can suffer so I took them back in and they got the fluid and supplements to help for the day, and acid reflux pills and something to induce an appetite. Well one is fine now but my other is still not eating or drinking, no energy, won't play. Just curls up to the heat register and stares at the wall. Took him back for X-rays and nothing! So he is now overnight on an IV drip. I pick him up tomorrow. I can't stop crying. My bill is over $1200 which I am pulling from my tiny RRSP. What if I get him home tomorrow and he still doesn't eat? This is so frustrating! And I can't believe how many others are going through similar issues, and vets still can't find solutions. My poor little boy! I miss him so much. I don't want him to die. :(
I am so sorry this is happening to your two kitties....I know the Vet must have asked all these questions too, but since its affecting BOTH kitties at the same time makes me really suspicions that they've eaten something they shouldn't have.
is there any chemicals or plants they could have eaten? are they indoor cats or do they roam?
wht do you feed them? have you recently changed foods or bought new cans or a new bag? just wondering if the food could have been contaminated???
My cat (6yrs) started vomiting  during the week but i didnt noticed until i was working from home 4 days ago, thought was a hairball, which is not normal for my cat and  i wasnt really paying attention but .i had noticed that he wasnt eating his normal ammounts of food over the week but like i said i didnt pay attention.....after alll day vomiting i decided to take him to the ve next day she was great , they took xray nothing inthere then they sent me home with famotidine every 12 vhrs, he kept vomiting a foamy yellowish.... Vet kept in touch with me and asked me to bring him back in because she didnt want my baby to be dehydrated , took him back and stay there for a couple of hours after another round of xray she called and said i need to get an ultrasound so we did (2days ago) and nothing was wrong just his intestine a little swallen wich she gave another medication and sent me home....hes hasnt had any food or water in a few days vet gave him fluids 4&3 days agoso i was ok ..yesterday vomit again when i tried to feed him with syrenge immediatly called vet again she said to wait and give him small portions, ive been given him jus pedialyte for babies so he doesnt dehydrated, i found a homeophatic drops at the petstore that says it would help with all the symptoms my baby has, and this am when try to give hime the pedialyte he threw up again foamy yellowish .....im desperate and i already spent $1100 in vet bills cant afford anything else, PLEASE HELP
We have a 12/13 yr old orange tabby who had starting getting sick and vomiting last week. When I noticed this he would cry a loud painful cry the start hacking and usually it was whiteish or just clear liquid. He would hoover over water dish and would drink, but then when immediately start vomiting.  Becuase we have a multi cat household, we were unsure of his bathroom habits, so he is now isolated and doesnt seem to beusing litter box, beyond getting in, but not leave any donations...We took him to the vet yesterday and he was severly dyhydrated, they gave him iv fluids and did a slee of blood tests. These are what was out of range:
ALB 3.9 g/dl  (2.3/3.9)
AMYL 1625 U/L (??/1500)
GGT1U/L (../1)
GLOB 5.2 G/DL (5.1 MAX)
GLU 196 MG/DL (71/159)
TP 9.1 G/DL (5.7/8.9)
Lym.24 K/UL (.4/6.8)
BASO .12 K/UL (0/.1)
HCT 45.7% (30/40)
Rbc 9.56M/UL (5/10)
HGB 15 G/DL(9/15.1)
RDW 21.7% (17.3/22)
PLt 54 K/UL (175/600)
PHOS 7.3 MG/DL (3.1/7.5)

The vet is unsure as to what EXACTLY is wrong. Artorius, thats our cats name is home now, no longer throwing up, will drink very little on his own, but does drink, refuses to eat. He has lost 5 lbs since this began (he is a large orange tabby) still no urine out put or any other for that matter . we have to force clavax into him as well as a liquid food mixture and a vitamin suppliment.

I am still really worried and he is n i t due to return to vet till next week...but since he isnt eating on his own and barely drinking and he has no output and he tests results are wonky and completely off. Do you think we should take him to a different vet and get a second opinion...
ALB 3.9 g/dl  (2.3/3.9)
AMYL 1625 U/L (??/1500)
GGT1U/L (../1)
GLOB 5.2 G/DL (5.1 MAX)
GLU 196 MG/DL (71/159)
TP 9.1 G/DL (5.7/8.9)
Lym.24 K/UL (.4/6.8)
BASO .12 K/UL (0/.1)
HCT 45.7% (30/40)
Rbc 9.56M/UL (5/10)
HGB 15 G/DL(9/15.1)
RDW 21.7% (17.3/22)
PLt 54 K/UL (175/600)
PHOS 7.3 MG/DL (3.1/7.5)

Did not mean to post twice. My apologies.
We are not Vets on this site.....we are just pet parents, but I will say this poor kitty cannot wait until next week to find out what's wrong, just a few days without eating enough required calories cats go into liver failure called hepatic lipidosis or fatty liver disease....this is fatal if not treated...your cat MUST eat....did the Vet not realize he had already lost that much weight????
He needs an e- tube or assist feedings ASAP. Please take him back to a Vet( hopefully) a better one without delay. Wishing you both luck and prayers, keep us posted
This is an emergency
Hi Artorius Mom.

Yes , like Opus said we are not vets, but we know what is an emergency. THIS is an Emergency, and that is where you should take Artorious NOW!

Your Vet is clueless???  Emergency Vets will know what to do, bring his blood work when you go Ther must be an Emergency animal hospital near you. This cannot wait.
Please get back to us and let us know how he makes out, K?

Best wishes for Artorius
CML
Hi, I have two siamese cats but one of them keeps throwing up, doesnt eat well and does pee all over the house. My mom is tired of this and wants them out of the house, i dont and want to keep them i think they might have a desease or something, i try to take them to the vet but we can't afford it and don't know how much it will cost, if someone can please tell me what to do ?Thank you.
Hi ,

I am going to assume their names are Peludo and Felix, Yes?

First . Have they been neutered? That is a must once they are 6 months.

Next-a cat has to eat regularly or their liver will become damaged
Next-a cat that is vomiting constantly will get dehydrated and will need IV fluids
Next--if this all of these things are happening with one cat only--he will need to see a vet.
Now I know they can be expensive and your mom must be supporting you , right?

So if mom does not want to be responsible enough to help you when your cat is sick, then YOU just go to the nearest Animal emergency Clinic in your are and let them help you. Explain that you cannot afford too much and I bet they will either wave the cost or will allow you to pay it off over time.

You have 2 beautiful pedigree Siamese they are going to come with random medical problems from time to time. These may cause your mom to want to get ride of them....Please let her know they are sick and are not doing this out of behavior problems. She needs to get them  medical
attention in order for her to not have them PEEING!

Now if  she makes you get rid of them PLEASE make sure you find them a loving home and do not abandon them or give them to a rescue. Siamese are cats anyone would love to have.
Think about this, Please.
Have you mom even post here so that we can explain what is happening, K?

Please keep us posted  on what transpires, ok?
Sincerely CML

Thanks for responding . Im glad to hear someone is hearing me. I talked to my mom and now she understands and were planning to take our cat to the vet to see what he has , thank you so much.
good for you girl, for standing up for your kitties that you love and convincing mom to help.....wishing you the best of luck, let us know what the Vet says okay♥
make sure the Vet checks her urine, it may well have a high PH and crystals...feeding wet food and NO dry food will help with this, she could also have a urinary tract infection(UTI) so needs some medical assistance.

tell your mom to clean everywhere she's pee'd with an enzyme cleaner avail at good pet stores, this removes the scent of urine so kitties can no longer smell the area and think its an approved litter spot....has to have the enzyme in it, vinegar or bleach will NOT work, kitties have a very high sense of smell
Oh I am so HAPPY your Mom is going to help you, and understands how much they mean to you. Excellent!

Now . please let us know what happens, we will all be very interested. Opus has some great info for you and mom.

Bye the way anytime you need someone to talk to ---well you are one of us now, so come back anytime, just to talk. WE will always listen. We understand how much your kits mean to you!

Good Luck,
CML
My cat have the same symptoms as most of the people here. She fell from the 3rd floor 10 days ago, but the vet (city A) said she was lucky and there is nothing to worry about. Started vomiting last night and stopped eating/drinking. All ( and I mean ALL ) possible tests were made at a local vet clinic (city B) and we took her home (bill went crazy and the kitten was severely stressed by all the procedures). Tree vets (city B) tried for about 2 hours to take a blood sample and finally gave her some drug to partly take her down. They shaved her front and back legs and her front neck prior to drugs in order to find a good vein - british short hair. The abnormalities were: Temperature above normal (40.5 degrees), WBC low, MCV low, RETIC high, NEU low,Mono low, EOS low, Urea low, TP low. As we got back some she was hiding from me and giving me bad looks...but I gently observed every step she was taking. After 3-4 hours she vomited bile again, even though she had medications preventing it. What do you know, there was some hairballs this time. Maybe that is the main cause in most casts with no other medical decease. Regarding the blood profile, they said it "may" not be entirely true and that even the tests are not 100% valid, so what the hell is then to be trusted... Anyway, at first I was freaked out, thought my cat is leaving this place and I can't do anything to save her (even with all the money). I called the vet (city A) who examined her after the fall and he said I have nothing to worry about, he admitted her blood profile is't normal, but most changes could be also caused by stress. Hight temp = stress, even in healthy cats he said. Main things to take care about : if cat is vomiting don't panic, visit the vet asap and explain in details, hydratation is crucial / never underestimate it or you may loose a trusty pal. Don't neglect the possibility it may be just hairballs. As I said my cat's latest bile vomit had several small hairballs included - they were causing the abdominal problems. Morning at about 9 am I have another visit with the vet and this time I am asking for medications to calm her stomach and some for appetite. As soon the kitty starts eating on her own, she will be fine. Some vets just need to take your money :-).

DO NOT TAKE ANY INFORMATION GIVEN BY ANY POST FOR THE ONLY SOLUTION/CAUSE, EVERY CAT HAS A DIFFERENT MEDICAL HISTORY AND SOMETIMES SIMILARITIES CAN DIFFER IN A BIG WAY AT THE END!
I am so sad..., we suspect she drank some poison and the vet couldn't tell by the symptoms, which got much worse after the first day. They tested everything else, but didn't take caution about poison. The time passed and the damage is .... she now vomits blood .....and has blood diarrhea, everything from her mouth to the intestinals is burned............... I don't know how she got the poison, where did she get it, nor if it is 100% poison. I really don't know anything right now. Today is the 3rd day she didn't eat, nor drank water. She stays at clinic and they are giving medications, but I don't think she is getting better........ If anyone has any suggestions on what I should do, please let me know...
OH, I am so sorry for Molly! Poor little thing. If it is poison and they cannot help her , you need to think about letting her go peacefully. She must be suffering greatly if the poison has eaten through he esophagus , stomach and intestines.

Can this be reversed with meds or does your vet think the damage is irreversible? If that is the case , Please do not let her suffer.

I am so sorry to even have to say this. I know how much you have done for her to keep her going, but sometimes it is out of human hands.

When there is a poison involved I think timing is the key and knowing what the substance was. It is good if they keep her in the clinic if they think this will help her recover. If there is no hope for That, please let her come home to you so she will be with her loving mom.

I am saying extra prayers for you MOLLY!!!! I hope you pull through.

Mom , keep us posted, ok?
CML  

.
First I would like to thank you for the prayers, they helped! I don't know where to begin from, things changed drastically. The poison version was stated on 16.Nov by the local vet clinic (city B) and then they changed their mind once again after a day on the 17th. I am pretty sure they messed up something with the barium swallow test as the next day they stated she is poisoned and she could barely open her mouth. Anyway after the barium, they found a blockage which resolved on the 2rd day of x-rays. Things got quite messy as on the 17.Nov they said she MAY have feline panleukopenia and wont make it. They made two tests of FPV and both were negative. At the evening of 17.Nov, as a last resort, they suggested injecting interferon and "see what happens". At first I got very mad and angry at them, because they were treating her like a test rabbit... I accepted the interferon as a solution (if she was to take it, should of taken it on the first day, not the last). I was very angry, didn't really wanted to change the clinic as I had not time, but I was stressed by their ***** way of dealing with my cat. Called several clinics and all replied with the same sentence: come as soon as possible in order to start the treatment. I selected one clinic (vet C) and went there with the results : they confirmed FPV without tests and suggested interferon / some other Russian serum and 24H medication intake. I was certain about going with the cat there, but I went to another vet (vet D) just to confirm the treatment.  The last vet (vet D) said she is not for interferon as she is to weak right now. I went home and read about interferon till about 5am, at 8am I woke up and had to take a decision. From what I have read one of interferon's side effect is to lower the WBC, but we already had lowered our WBC from 2.5 to 0.4 (yes, 0.4). So I thought to myself: if they want to give her interferon at this stage...she will die from it and scratched all the clinics suggesting that treatment. My last hope was the vet (vet D), who had some alternative thinking about the problem and went there on the 18th. She said she is having a FPV and that there was a mistake with her vaccine (maybe the way she got the FPV in the first place). Also informed us about the chance this may be a mutated form of FPV (that's why tests couldn't say what it was). I trust my last vet (vet D), after one day with her she is having her first small meal and her first purring(evening of 18.Nov). I know the recovery will be very long as we don't eat normal, we have lost so much of our weight, but my cat is back from the dead. Today (21.Nov) we slept most of the time, she jumped on the chair next to me as I am writing. I believe she will make a full recovery. THANK you again for believing, CML!
To YOU MOM!

You are a Hero, indeed! Molly is one lucky little girl to have you as her mom.

First, I must apologize for the whole "not letting her suffer" speech. I very rarely write that, but from you post on Molly being poisoned, I thought this was a definite, and we love our babies so much , suffering is out of the question..........BUT

You loved Molly enough to know something did not seem right in the vets speculative actions. Good for you to take it further and finally found the vet that Molly deserves.

Unfortunately vets can be very good and very bad, with a lot somewhere in the middle.
Seems like your first few were of the Clueless variety, and I am so sorry you had to deal with them.

So Molly does have FPV. I am saddened to hear that but happy to know you are in good hands. What did the vet mean by the vaccine could have given it to her and it is a mutated form?

I only ask this because you are a very diligent pet parent with the great quality of researching for the protection of your Molly. Please stay on this forum as you are the kind of pet parent we need here. One who goes to great length's  to find solutions to medical conditions and can share this info with the rest of the posters when they have problems similar to yours.

This is all we can do here is support and share our experiences, we have to leave the "diagnosis" up to the professionals.

Needless to say I am thrilled that Molly is beginning to feel better for her sake and yours. We feel so helpless when our little ones are hurting . This forum is wonderful for being able to turn to the posters here for support.
Empathy is in abundance here, and Molly is now one of MedHelps Kits!

So please keep us posted.

P.S You may also want to post a new post under your name and todays date. The post you responded to was an old one and I do not think it got the many responses it would have if you had posted your story as a New post.

There are plenty of people her with experience that I do not have with FPV and will help answer the questions you may have. So please think about your own post about Molly--they are also wonderful at sending out good vibes and prayers.

Please give Molly a big Smooch from me and "May She Live Long and PURR!

CML

good for you for being such a diligent cat momma!!! it sure does pay off to be on top of whats going on and not just taking one opinion especially when they want to just 'try' treatments without a definite diagnosis...so hoping Molly is on the mend and will keep eating and recovering more each day!!!!

cml.....the vac is a modified live virus(MLV), they stimulate the immune system to create antibodies as protection from the full blown disease, but with these live virus's its always possible to create a lesser form of the disease ....vac's have so many pros and cons....:(
Thanks O!
I'm only 15 I don't know much but bout vet stuff ect. But about 1 day ago my cat started been throwing up(looks like foam, bunch bubbles almost like flem (phlegm) from a human). He's also not drinking or eating, and he's been camping out under my blanket all day. Along with yesterday hiding under a chair. And starting about 2 days ago iv noticed his side going up and down more than normal.
(also he's got 3 legs, had a form of cancer in the right back leg, but they said that(after many test) it looked like nothing went up past his leg.)

Haven't take to vet yet, have family up tomorrow for thanks giving. and leaving for Colorado Monday, I'm freaking out about leaving him home with my dad until Friday. :(

Id appreciate advise soon as possible, I might be able to talk mom to taking him to vet tomorrow morning. ~Thanks
He just had some ice-cream, not food, but it if it means he's getting some kinda liquid I'm happy with it
Yes honey please please talk your mom into taking him to a Vet ASAP....he is dehydrated from the vomiting and that is very serious, if he's not looked after before you go away he will NOT make it, sorry to be so blunt but I need you to understand how serious not eating and vomiting is!!!! Beg your mom to help him....and as soon as possible!!!
Sorry, ice cream isn't going to be neary enough....