Cats Community
my pink eye and my cats

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet cats!

my pink eye and my cats

I was diaged w/pink eye on Sat; besides common sense preventions is there any thing I should or shouldn't be doing as far as my cats? Also, what about their pans-should I try and get my fiance to tend them? I caught the conjunctivitis quite early and have been religious about applying the drops as prescribed and should be over it soon but don't want my cats affected. Thanks for any input!! Oh-anything I should watch for in them, just in case.
Tags: pink eye
Hey, hon.  Doing a google search on this question, the results were inconclusive.  This question has been brought up on this forum before, but still, no one able to find or give a definitive answer.  A member on the dog forum said her vet said no.  It also seems to depend on what the underlying infection is that is causing the conjunctivitis in the first place.  Just err on the side of caution like you are.  If you can get Ed to do it, great...but we know how THAT can go. lol  I would think washing your hands well before dealing with the litter or anything 'cat related' would be sufficient and of course, don't let your babies near your face.  

If they *should* catch it, their eyes will be red rimmed, run and crust up...like yours probably are.  Sorry about this.  I had this ONCE, and no fun.

Yeah-you know how it is w/Ed: "just TELL me when they need scooping!!" (figure out the same way i do, you're an intelligent man, heh heh) I think i got it by using the neti pot and blowing bacteria from my nose up into my tear ducts. i'll be careful-thanks for the help!!