throwing up 5 days after spay surgery?
My (approximately) 5 month old kitten was spayed last Sunday (5 days ago). She was only somewhat lethargic after surgery, acted like she was starving (tried eating ANYTHING in sight!) and was back to eating normally the day after. The past 2 days her appetite has gone down and today she began throwing up a bit this morning but only her food that she ate. Other than that she seems fine, running around, attacking my older cat :)...She was pretty crazy (her normal self) for the first few days after surgery despite our best efforts to "keep her calm" and "no running, jumping etc" She has definitely slowed down in the past 2 days but isn't "acting sick" other than the vomiting. She looks at the food as if she WISHES she could eat it but doesn't eat much. Did she maybe "do too much" and is now paying for it? I've had 4 c-sections so I can kind of sympathize with her...She has had a bowel movement within the past hour and it was normal and she IS still drinking water regularly...thanks! Oh, and I DO have a call in to the vet mobile that did the spay.
Im not at all sure why kitty should be vomiting and not showing any other signs of illness. is she on any meds? some meds for pain or antibiotics can have a side effect of vomiting. I will give you a site to read on the complications associated with spaying, not to scare you but for info purposes only.
I am really happy to know you called your Vet and I hope he will do a good exam to see what is going on, it very likely has nothing to do with being over active..
good luck, PLEASE updated us so we all know whats causing this.

www.pet-informed-veterinary-advice-online.com/spaying-cats.html#complications-spay
Nope, no meds. I looked over the info and thank you for sending it, none of it seems to apply...:(
when i had my cat spayed they told me that they will get sick(vomiting) and its normal not to worry but if its still happening after a week or two that i should give them a call. so i think if its still going on that you should prob call them to make sure eveything is ok
My cat is doing the same thing. It's been 5 days since her spay and today was the first day without her pain medication. She threw up food about 3.5 hours ago, then an hour ago she threw
Up what looked like frothy liquid then again about half hour ago, more frothy liquid. Now she's sleeping again, cuz it's late, but she was before then started licking her nose a lot then heaving violently. I'm worried that her heaving like that will rip her stitches. Any solution to ur cat problems??  I'm waiting a call back from the vet emergency service.
Worried05
what did you do to stop my cat is having the same problems after being spayed
Pls I'm having same thing happening to my cat , what happened with yours ? What was causing it ? How was it treated ? How long did it take for your cat to get well ? Thanks , so very worried about my baby
Hello Im having the same issues as you ,I got my cat spayed 6 days ago and now she is getting sick im really worried can you tell me what was the reason for yours. she just seems to sleep all the time. its like a differnt cat .