cerebral cortical atrophy
I am 44 years old. i have recently done my MRI.
In conclusion the reports stated : few, tiny chronic ischaemic lesions in bilateral frontal and temporal regions.
mild cerebral cortical atrophy.
Is it something to worry about and what should i do in this case?
Hello!
Why had you got this MRI test done? What was the indication? There can be several possibilities of such lesions in the brain. People who have cerebrovascular risk factors like hypertension, diabetes and high cholesterol, those who smoke may have such lesions on the brain. In multiple sclerosis the plaques have peculiar pattern of distribution and there should be associated symptoms and signs suggestive of the disease. These changes can also be more pronounced in aging people.Vasculitis, demyelinating diseases is another differential diagnosis. Any test result needs to be correlated clinically. I will advise you to discuss it with your neurologist. That might be helpful. Do write to us again.
Best wishes!