Cerebral Palsy Community
Help Placing a Very Disabled Child in Group/Long Term Care Home

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding cerebral palsy issues such as: Books and Journals, Daily Living and Social issues, Diagnosis, Education and Schools, Equipment (orthotics, walkers, wheelchairs, cars, etc.), Family and Patient Support Groups, Financial Help and Support, Insurance Issues, Legal Rights and Issues, Research, Long-Term Care, Treatments (Biofeedback, Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy, Conductive Education, Suit Therapy, Botox, Baclofen, PERC, etc.)

Hello, My son has CP and a lot of other disorders. He is Wheelchair bound, and Very Mentally Disabled. Anyway, He is getting older...14...and he is getting a lot larger, and I recieve No Help with him. I have to  take for him Fully by myself....I was wondering if anyone knows the process of placing a Child like this in a GOOD Long term care home? I have talked to his Drs and they just put it on the back burner, and I do not know what else to do!! It is not the that I do not want him, but He is getting very hard to care for alone...He is ruining my body, and I do Not know what to do! Any Advice or Help would be great!
Tags: child, Home, facility, group home, CP, pediatric, disabledchild