Jerky movements
Dear Sir,
i am 28 years old and the right side of my body was effected by CP by birth. i can walk and move my right hand aslo but the movement in my hand is limited and jerky. my second problem is that even a very slight sound produes a jerk in the right side of my body like i get startled even by very slight sounds like phone ring etc please let me know throuhg my e-mail that is there any cure for these jerky movements and getting startled...plz help i am waiting. thanks
Hello there!
People with spastic CP have stiff and jerky movements as their muscles are too tight. They have difficulty in moving from one position to another and may experience frequent jerks. The aim of treatment should be to reduce the spasticity. There are several methods available to reduce spasticity like oral medications, botox injections, baclofen infusions, physical therapy and Rhizotomy. Botox blocks the nerve from releasing Acetylcholine. As a result, the muscle spasms are reduced or stop altogether. These injections may be repeated after 3-4 months.Baclofen pump delivers the medication directly to the fluid around the spinal cord and causes muscle relaxation. You need to take these drugs and medications under medical advice and supervision. Do consult a neurologist. Do keep us posted.
Best wishes!