Cerebral Palsy Community
MRI and still need answers
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding cerebral palsy issues such as: Books and Journals, Daily Living and Social issues, Diagnosis, Education and Schools, Equipment (orthotics, walkers, wheelchairs, cars, etc.), Family and Patient Support Groups, Financial Help and Support, Insurance Issues, Legal Rights and Issues, Research, Long-Term Care, Treatments (Biofeedback, Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy, Conductive Education, Suit Therapy, Botox, Baclofen, PERC, etc.)

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

MRI and still need answers

My 15 month old daughter has hypotonia and developmental delay and has been receiving physiotherapy and hydrotherapy to help as couldn't sit until 12 months and just started crawling this week. She also has shown preference to her right hand from an early age  She has recently had an MRI scan to investigate further. We were told by the paediatrician that the scan was abnormal but it didn't tell them much.  We were shown the images of her brain and told that she has too much space between her skull and brain and the brain looks too small. I asked if the paediatrician had seen this before and she said yes. I then asked what effect this would have on my daughters life, she said it would all be down to her as every case is different. They are continuing with the physio etc and she is to be reviewed every 3 months. Please can you tell me why she would have too much space here and what her condition could be called,  I really need to find out more, thank you in advance
Tags: MRI