Cerebral Palsy Community
Treatment for Bulbar Pulsy

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding cerebral palsy issues such as: Books and Journals, Daily Living and Social issues, Diagnosis, Education and Schools, Equipment (orthotics, walkers, wheelchairs, cars, etc.), Family and Patient Support Groups, Financial Help and Support, Insurance Issues, Legal Rights and Issues, Research, Long-Term Care, Treatments (Biofeedback, Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy, Conductive Education, Suit Therapy, Botox, Baclofen, PERC, etc.)

Treatment for Bulbar Pulsy

Dear sir,

My sister is detected with bulbar pulsy. In India we have not found any treatment for this disease. I shall be glad if anybody thhrows some light on the treatment of BULBAR PULSY.
Hi Prajesh,

You can take your sister to NIMHANS-Hospital (Bangalore) for consultation. Browse internet for more info. on NIMHANS
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi. Bulbar palsy is a disease affecting the lower cranial nerves (VII to XII) that control muscles of articulation, swallowing and facial muscles. Bulbar palsy may result from muscle disorders or any nerve diseases that supply a group of muscles, nerves and brain. People affected by bulbar palsy are observed to have tremulous lips, weak tongue, drooling, absent palatal movements, poor articulation, dysphagia and dysphonia. All patients with bulbar palsy should be referred to neurologists. Treatment is usually directed to the underlying cause. Supportive measures such as baclofen for spasticity, anticholinergics for drooling and enteral feeding may be necessary. Management should also involve speech, language therapists and dietitician to correct poor nutrition, psychological dysfunction and poor language skills. To know more about bulbar palsy, consult a neurologist. Hope this helps.
I am not a doctor.  My wife has been diagnosis of bulbar palsy or autoimmune.  Attack of this region, inflammation can also be caused by autoimmune disease.  Blood tests to check her whole body and systems balance.  Checking for toxic metals in your body.  These may effect the conduction of the electrical brain signal to the neurons.  Check out low pressure hyperbaric oxygen therapy and carnail low level heat laser.  The myelin (fat insulator) around the neurons could have deteriorated.  This fat allows for the proper transmission of signals.  A good vitamin and supplement regement to repair the myelin.  100mg Magnesium citrate, 5-NTHF Methyl folate, L-caritine, alpaha lipic acid, amino acids with out food, vitamin with B-12, omega 3 & 6, Vitamin C, green tea, Vitmamin A & D, water, and exercise. In Bulbar Palsy 9, 10, 12 neurons are may not be sending or receiving the message.  We are headed for stem cell therapy that uses mannitol to shrink endothelial cells hyperosmotically - stretches tight junctions allowing passage/penetration of molecules through the membrane (disruption of the Blood Brain Barrier)  In all this check out any of what I said and make sure you get the right stuff and the right people doing any of these therapies.  There are heavy drugs to treat or live with it.  I find them unexceptable.  HOPE THIS OPENS THE DIALOG WITH MORE INFORMATION FROM MORE KNOWLEDGEABLE PEOPLE.   Good luck.  I will let the world know if what we are doing does the job.     Kris