Cerebral Palsy Community
Why do I get cold feet so easily?
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding cerebral palsy issues such as: Books and Journals, Daily Living and Social issues, Diagnosis, Education and Schools, Equipment (orthotics, walkers, wheelchairs, cars, etc.), Family and Patient Support Groups, Financial Help and Support, Insurance Issues, Legal Rights and Issues, Research, Long-Term Care, Treatments (Biofeedback, Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy, Conductive Education, Suit Therapy, Botox, Baclofen, PERC, etc.)

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Why do I get cold feet so easily?

I was wondering if anyone experienced the same issue? Is it related to the CP and if so, how? What can be done to remedy it?
Related Discussions
7 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
454186_tn?1388978568
Do you have lower backache? if so ,keep your lower back warming can help. Nothing about CP
Blank
Yes cold feet is quite common with people with cerebral palsy.  It is a circulation issue.  The best thing to do is rub your feet (or get someone else to do it) with some lotion until they are warm again.  Also wear really warm socks and see if changing the position of your legs helps.
Blank
Cold feet is sometimes put down to poor blood circulation.
Blank
Hi there Eagle, my name is Ashley.

The problem of cold feet and other extremities is often the norm with CP, I deal with it every day. Try to get circulation into your feet by exercising and stretching daily. If the problem still exsists, then you may want to be tested for anemia, which can cause low circulation and sluggishness due to lack of iron in the blood.
Blank
My daughter has the same thing but I had the same question. No matter whether I keep socks on her feet or what they are always ice cold.
Blank
I sleep with my heating pad at my feet.
Blank
The answer is always because of the cerebral palsy is this right !!! my son has cp
and all i ever find is it common with cp,,
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Cerebral Palsy Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank