Cerebral Palsy Community
spastic quadriplegia

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding cerebral palsy issues such as: Books and Journals, Daily Living and Social issues, Diagnosis, Education and Schools, Equipment (orthotics, walkers, wheelchairs, cars, etc.), Family and Patient Support Groups, Financial Help and Support, Insurance Issues, Legal Rights and Issues, Research, Long-Term Care, Treatments (Biofeedback, Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy, Conductive Education, Suit Therapy, Botox, Baclofen, PERC, etc.)

spastic quadriplegia

can a person with spastic quadriplegia be independant, do you know of anyone?
Hi there,

Well here in England (sorry not sure where you are in the world) I have known quite a few people to move out of home and into a purpose built flat/apartment/Bungalow. This is usually done with the help of social services and 'live in carers' if needed.
No disability should stop someone living the life that they wish to.....I have a friend that has cp like me where I'm in a chair but independent....although her husband has spastic quadriplegia.  They have been married for many years and with the help of carers at important times of day they live a very happy life.

I hope that this answers your question.
Hi.
I agree with Janny.  People with spastic quadriplegia can also be independent.  They can do whatever it is that they want to do, but of course with some limitations.  Also, this usually takes time, practice and hard work.  There may be a need to modify the house and the appliances inside the house.
Hope this helps.