5 year old fearful of wiping after BM
My granddaughter is almost 6 years old and is very fearful of wiping after a BM.  Is this normal behavior?  My own two childrne never went through anything like this.  Her parents are divorced and she has gone through a lot of stress in the last several years.  She has had problems in kindergarten with behavior and has recently been diagnosed with attention problems with compulsivity.  Her parents let her scream bloody murder rather than help her wipe after a BM.  She calls me over and asks me to wipe her bottom after a BM.  Would books on toileting help do you think?
Yes I think books would help, I think it would be best for you to not wipe her either, as her parents dont do it ,ignore it in fact let her be in the bathroom alone say nothing allow her to control her own body and actions, dont let it affect you.