Child Behavior Community
8 year old boy crying

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

8 year old boy crying

My son is a good looking boy. He is happy, sociable and doing well academically. However, hemay just loves crying. Everytime he is upset or frustrated, just like a snowy day, no sunshine today, forget to bring homework or library book, too slow in completing classroom assignment, etc. and etc., he will cry at school. The crying is short, from 5 to 10 min but as he is born with a sharp voice, the crying annoys the teachers. One thing is: he doesn't cry at home so easily like at school. I would say he almost doesn't cry at all at home. One of the teacher kept pushing her belief that my boy is depressed. However, my son told me this school year is happiest because he made some really good friends. Everytime after he finished crying, he feels relief and play and laugh as usual. Except for his frequent display of tears, around 5 min once or twice a week at school, he is a happy boy.
It sounds as if the problem is from the school how do they treat him does he get plenty to do there,if he doesnt do it at home that where the problem is and do not take notice of a Teacher saying he is depressed, He has firends there so the problem lies somehwer eles there ask him more questions about school and what he crys for and believe him.
yes, u are right. The teachers there are very strict and keep pushing for academic excellence. There are test almost everyday and the teacher said that she is trying to cut school stress with open book test and pop quiz so the kids don't have to review at home. My son is frustrated with handwriting because he is a left-handed. The teacher took him to the principal's office because he cried while doing the loops of handwriting. Since then, he cries more often at school. I found it very difficult and uncomfortable to communicate with the teacher. She always said I was looking for excuses for his crying. I hope I don't see this teacher again.
Yours words tell me how much you care for him and his feelings,It is a shame the Teacher is so strict, being at school is not meant to be a Punishment ,this is a clever boy and he needs nurturing,her behavior will make him nervous of being there, I am thinking you should have a owrd with the Principal regarding the Teachers methods and How it upsets him, you are the Parent perhaps you can find a way to speak up to the Teacher in a non Hostile way,if not the situation wont improve and he wont want to go to the school to be made Unhappy,it will affect his education,I dont know where you live here we would remove our children if this continued to another school. Meantime you give him plenty of reasurance and positive talk tell him all will be well and perhaps when he is frustrated to be silent at school ,and not cry out, till he gets home , then let him yell or better still how about a hard game of Ball or something to take his mind off it.He sounds like a great kid and you are a caring parent.Let us know how it goes for him.
Thank you. I will take your advice.