Child Behavior Community
8yr old urinating in inappropriate places

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

I just realized my eight year old has been urinating on the rug in his bedroom for the past 4 weeks.  The restroom is two feet away from his room.  I obviously punished him and talked to him about how inappropriate that was.  When asked why did had done that, he simply said he did not know.  It really concerns me because he has never had issues with bedwetting or urinating in the toilet.  These incidents did not occur at night rather in the daytime when he was completely conscience of what he was doing. I am really worried about this behavior and need to know if it is indicative of any psychological issues I am divorce and his father recently moved out of state.  He also has problems at school with reading and I have been told he has a learning disability when it come to short term memory and reading.  He may also be ADD.  He also gets really frustrated and angry at times.  I would appreciate any input.  Thanks.
I dont think that it has anything to do with add .children do this out of behavior when things can't go there way.My 7 year old has my home smelling like a **** factory the smell greets you at the front door.My 7 year old tells me he did it because he doesn't wan't to go to the bathromm but he don't want to wear pullups because he don't want the kids to tease him at school.he goes to the restroom at school but he urinates in the disconnected fireplace and carpet wher I have to hire a company now to replace the padding.I have tried pet fresh ,carpet powders,carpet foams and what ever else.there is no excuse for this behavior if he knows how to make bowel movements in the restroom then his cognitive skills are devloped enough to know where his urine is suppose to go as well.no excuse for my child nor your child to behave like this.My son is in his room right now because he also steals as well and gives a cold dead stare when questioned about stealing.not to be tolerated .S o if my son's feelings are hurt tough my feelings are hurt because I have to breath in  stinky urine hurt  while i'm now 7 months pregnant.
My son is 7, he has on occasion urinated in a waste paper basket in his ensuite where his toilet is situated. I had at the time explained that he should not do this and this is dirty and explained he must use the toilet. I have also always taken something away from him for a short period as a punishment.
Today i was hoovering the dining area and yet again i have noticed that the skirting is splashed and smells of urine both on the carpet and skirting board.
I clean the dining area carpet regularly as food is sometimes dropped.
I am not sure what to do and really need help. I Have suggested today if this carries on then our family holiday next year will be non exsistant because i will have to buy new flooring.
I am the great-grandmother of a 7 year old and 6 year old brother and sister.  He is ADHD and though she hasn't been diagnosed I think maybe she is too.  Both are extremely intelligent.  I have punished him many  times for urinating on the floor and in the trash can by the toilet.  Now she has started to urinate on blankets, the dog bed, the carpet and pillows.  The boy lies.  Both clam up and stare when you confront them about doing something wrong.   I love them with all my heart but I don't know how to cope with this.  My children and grand children  never acted like that. I ask God every day to help me and them.