Child Behavior Community
ADD or learning disorder

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

ADD or learning disorder

My daughter is 10 and is also having a lot of trouble focusing. First I had a confrence with her teachers and they suggested ADD. Then I took her to her pediatrician and he refered her to a Psychiatrist. I want her to be evaluated before I jump to medication or special classes. I was told that it could just be a learning disability. She has trouble remembering what she reads, but can remember when you read to her. Im also going to take her to a counselor. I thought that after getting an evaluation, that coaching and counseling might help. I would suggest going to the pediatrician and teachers, then go from there. Like you I want my daughter going through the least possible amount of testing and doctors visits. She is very easily stressed.

This discussion is related to Testing.
Perhaps it would be a good idea if you went the Natural route before you ,get to the testing stage.Experts agree that all children and especially those with concentrating and learning difficulties benefit from a multiple vitamin-mineral supplement with B Complex and Vit C also Fish oil has shown benefits.Other useful supplements to consider are the essential amino acids that support Brain function.Since protein rich foods, eggs, Fish ,Lamb ,chicken ,Tofu , support allertness and concentration they make a good selection for breakfast and lunch, leave the more relaxing Carbs to the evening meal ie Fruits and Veg.it is helpful to avoid the common allergenic foods like Dairy and wheat.I know it is not easy to make the right descision for your child and you are doing your best, read the threads and Posts here for some more feedback and put it into your search engine .