Am I Mommy or Mom
I have not been able to figure out when does my 8 yr old third grader child stop calling me mommy and starts calling me mom.....I feel this is a big change between us because it means he is no longer my little boy and he had become a young man which also means he doesnt need me as much as I wish he did...and is it normal that for a child that has been raised in a very loving huging and kissing household all of a sudden doesnt like it and is very quick in hug like okay okay let me get this out of the way...oh and forget about getting kisssed at school when saying goodbye...but looks forward to the good night kiss otherwise cant go to sleep.
Not only is it normal, it's to be expected! It's all part of growing up. It doesn't mean he doesn't need you anymore. He's just exploring his independence. I think it's great that he still likes a goodnight kiss! That should tell you something. He's showing he loves you and is affectionate at home. The reason he doesn't want a kiss goodbye at school is because his friends might see and they would tease him then. It's all perfectly normal, don't worry!
Kids go through different stages but they will always need their mom and dad. Just always be there for him. Don't take it personally when he doesn't want a kiss or hug at that moment. He still needs you and loves you. Hope this helps!
My little guy is five and does not want a kiss good bye in publis--he stated 'Mom someone might see"---Well at home total opposite I can get hugs and kisses all the time...just family.  It is just them growing up to understand their surrondings..
never he can call u mom when he want to and mommy when he wants to its totaly normal no worries