Child Behavior Community
Cries constantly for no reason

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

Cries constantly for no reason

I have a 3 yr old little girl who is smarter then the average  bear. The past 2 1/2 yrs have been pretty good with her. Everyone thinks she is the picture perfect child and in the past she was but now in the last 6 months her behavior has become very challenging, especially in the last month!!! I have had it with the behavior. She cries when she wakes up for about a 1/2 an hour for no reason, she cries when we put her clothes on that she picks out and now she cries all the time when she doesn't get her way. My husband and I have tried different approaches but still nothing is working. It is now taking its toll on our relationship. I am at my wits end with her and the behavior. The timeouts dont work, talking to her is like talking to a wall at times and it goes in one ear right out the other, and she is now losing certain privileges. None of this is working so from here where do I go? Please help before I go crazy...
I know how you feel.Toddlers are so difficult. The advice everyone gave me the other day on the temper-tantrum front was wonderful(see "When timeouts dont work", i posted that question a few days ago) . In terms of the crying at night, the best advice i have is that whatever you do, dont put your kiddo in your bed! even if you have to sleep on the floor in her room until she falls asleep, you have to re-enforce that she sleeps in her room, in her bed! Good luck to ya! Sounds like we both need it! ;)
You are overreacting to her crying...calm down and don't take developmental stuff to personally. My grandson does the same thing...it will go away. Love her and help her get through the whines and crying by putting her in time out for a few minutes...but if she's tired, that won't work. They get too tired and cry sometimes and won't stop. It's hard but don't get mad; it's the age.
i do  daycare i have a one yr old i have been watching  him since he was 4month old. he has done great ever since, untill now he dont want  nap for me unless i am next  to him , he is still on the bottle just started walking  .  but all he dose  is cry  for no reason i have spoken to  the mom and  she  states he dose it at home too  he seems unhappy to me but when mom walks throw the door to pick him up he dose not want to leave and crys some more. i see no signs of abuse  or anything i have done everything in the book , hes not teething  ? no upset tummy  what could be wrong
It is good as a day carer you are observant regarding the behavior of children, it is hard to decipher if anything is going on unless you can observe more, I do agree that it sounds as if the child if not too happy to be going home. Perhaps try to find out if there is      a Dad or siblings at home or another sitter he make not be too happy with,,as you say he wont nap unless you are near him he could be havingf some anxiety feelings and needs company , if you can give him that extra love and care and also observe how the Mom is with him and keep on having a chat with her to find out more back ground, At this stage I would say obervation is all you can do.