Child Behavior Community
Is this normal?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

Is this normal?

I think there might be something wrong with my two year old and dont know what to do.  he doesnt act like other kids his age from my observations.  He chews the paint off the walls, when he is angry he will bang his head on the wall the bookcases fridge basically anything near him, he will be playing then all of a sudden he will start screaming for no reason, he only says about 4-5 words and doesnt even point at things he wants just screams till you figure out what he wants.  He doesnt know shapes colors or anything like that if you try to work with him at it he just screams and starts throwing things.  When you tell him to do anything ( that he knows what you are talking about) he just ignores you. He hits, bits, pinches, and kicks.  I dont know what to do and am afraid that there might be something wrong.  Please help any input would be greatly appreciated.
It sounds as if he is upset about something ,it would be a good idea to get him checked out by the Doctor,if you think his behavior is excessive , has he any older siblings he could be copying ?  
No he doesnt have any older siblings he has a younger brother that is 3 months but he was acting like this before i had his brother so i dont think it is jealousy either.  
It could definatly be jealousy ,why do you say you dont think it is , he was your baby now he is usurped, focus on giving him extra attention, get his Dad playing games with him sports and outside activities, he sees you with the baby and feeding he/she it hurts him .You say he acted like this before you had the baby well maybe he heard a lot of talk about it, and he must have noticed you were getting bigger as your pregnancy progressed. As I said focus on his positive side and praise him when you see him doing something right ..Lots of Fun and exercise .