Child Behavior Community
My 9 year old daughter is hearing voices in her head

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

My 9 year old daughter came to me a few days ago and says Mom I have a secret.  I have been hearing voices from all the bad people in movies I've watched telling me I have to do things like jump and I have to jump.  When I look to the side I have to look to the other side then up.  I have been obsearving her more closely lately and I see her doing these things when I confront her she says they are the voices.  I asked her if she would talk to the doctor and she said no because she won't understand.  I told her that is what the doctor is for and she will understand.  I have an appointment but don't want to say anything that can make it worse.  I have read that tramatic things can bring these things on.  The most tramatic thing is that she had to go to Elementary School for the first time by herself because her older sister went to the Middle School.  Can this be the reason?  I don't know what to think.
I have a daughter who is bi-polar and she tells us the same things when not on meds. Have her evaluated, if you wait it will get worse and your little girl will change into someone you don't even know anymore.
My eleven year old daughter has bipolar was dx at 4 and she also has heard voice it got so bad that at 7 a voice told her to cut herself and she did.I am not saying this is what see has, but a Dr can help.You can talk to the dr and tell her what  she told you and then shecan talk to her one one. Have you noticed anything else like dramatic or unpredictable  mood swings does she seem depressed or manica does she have trouble sleeping or are her voice her only symptoms ? I would have a her start a journals on how she feels and what her thoughts are and what going on day to day what the voice say and so on, also you should do the same note what you see if she depressed happy things you observe also talk to her teacher have her write her observation of your daughter at school when you go to the Dr give her these things it will help the Dr and help the Dr to know what going on and help with the dx. Hope everything goes well also a family history will help to.