Child Behavior Community
Should my daughter be concerned by what her 5 year old daughter said?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Should my daughter be concerned by what her 5 year old daughter said?

My granddaughter threatened her classmates today at school and she is 5 years old highly intelligent and she told them she was going to blow up the school and them. Where would she possibly get this from when she is limited on what she can watch on TV and comes from a very nurturing family.My daughter is devastated
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
13167 tn?1327197724
Do you know what the scenario was where she threatened her classmates?

Was she being bullied and she said this in anger?  
Blank
189897 tn?1441130118
   I would be much more concerned about WHY she felt this way.   Kids say all kinds of things.  Obviously she can't blow them all up.  However, she must have been really upset!   If they focus on what she said and not on why she felt this way - then a really important event is being missed.  I repeat, it doesn't matter where she picked up the language - she can always be taught more appropriate ways to express herself - its why she feels this way that needs to be dealt with first.   Then once this has been dealt with you buy a book like "Words are not for Hurting" and teach her better ways to express herself.   http://www.amazon.com/Words-Hurting-Ages-Best-Behavior/dp/1575421569/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1440993348&sr=1-1&keywords=words+are+not+for+hurting
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Child Behavior Community Resources