Son with ADHD
I am having the worse time with my 6yr old son. He was diagnosed with ADHD about a year ago and has been on meds for about 6 months. He constantly makes noises like grunting and animals noises out of no where, he poops in the tub almost every time he takes a shower, he use to urinate on his bedroom floor and has even pooped on his bedroom floor once or twice, he just continues to do all of this weird stuff that he knows he should not be doing. The medicine has helped him in school and he has brought his grades up drastically, but now he does all these strange things that he never did before the medicine. Could it be from the medicine? I dont know what to do because I fear that I will make him worse.
I have read and heard many times that meds given to children for ADHD do in fact have some nasty side effects , the ADD and ADHD forum may be able to give you with  further answers.If you put the med into the search engine with side effects there is much up there .I feel that a visit to the doctor who prescribed the meds may help .good luck
What medication is he on?  It might be  helpful to google the medication and "acting out" or "urinating".  
    Interesting, I have been posting on the ADHD forum for 4+ years and really haven't seen that as one of the problems (granted it might have happened, but really hasn't stuck in my memory).  Where I do see problems like that posted all the time is here on this forum.  If you scroll down you will see that a lot of the posts deal with kids and their potty problems.  
    It seems like he is having these problems when he is at home - shower, bedroom floor, etc.  Do his teachers ever mention him having these problems at school?  If not, then the problem may be that his meds are wearing off.  If so, this is something that should be discussed with his doctor.  
   Not sure about the noises and things, but he is 6 and they do tend to do weird things.  Especially once they start school and get exposed to other kids doing funny things.  I really don't think any of these things are medicine related - but that is why you are seeing a doctor.  You need his opinion.   But do take the time to scroll down through the posts on this forum to get a feeling for what other kids his age are doing.  And certainly if you have any other questions please feel free to post on the ADHD forum where I certainly will see your post.  Best wishes.
The grunting and making animal sounds is a behaviour of children suffering from anxiety.  However, nothing else in your posting indicates anxiety.  Just thought that I would mention this in case .....
He is on the medication Focalin XR...and the school has not mentioned anything about the potty issues. I know the noise making can be normal 6yr old behavior...I just worry about the sanitary issues because he use to be a very clean little boy. I am going to take everyone's advice. Thank you very much.
If you put ADHD medications and side effects into the search engine as I said you will find much up there especially about Focalin I can put links up but there are so many ..please look for your self I put in Focalin XR side effects .then speak to your doctor ...good luck