anger from ritallin
nephew is 5,ritallin works for his adhd but makes him angry.does anyone else get this type of side effect?
Yes it is well known ritalin has side effects of anger and aggression and in fact experts have found that food supplements , anti oxidants Vit C and Vit B complex have the same efficacy as ritalin.with none of the side effects .... Run it by your doctor , I suggest you go the supplement way to help your son ....good luck
   I'd first take a look at when he gets angry and what is triggering it.  For example, Ritalin does leave the system (depending on the dose) fairly quickly - hence, the question about when  the anger happens.
    Margypops make a good point about the side effects.  The fact that apparently you weren't aware of it suggests that you need more information about ADHD.  I suggest you buy the book (its cheap through Amazon), "The ADD/ ADHD Answer book," by Susan Ashley.  It will provide you and his parents a lot of very necessary information.
    And finally supplements are always worth trying.  But while some experts say that food supplements do help - other groups like Consumers Report have found very little evidence to suggest that for kids who actually have ADHD, that supplements help.  But, it doesn't hurt to try.  If you have any other questions, I monitor the ADHD forum and would be glad to answer them.  
my son took ritalin before adderal. He had really bad headaches/stomach aches. He wasn't angry like yours but his behavior did get worse. So we switched him to adderal and didn't have any of these side effects. Might be worth trying.
Maybe good to do research on Adderal before you do , Glad it works well for your son Tanyaluv but it does have some side effects aswell .