Child Behavior Community
anger from ritallin
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

anger from ritallin

nephew is 5,ritallin works for his adhd but makes him angry.does anyone else get this type of side effect?
Related Discussions
10 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
535822_tn?1389452880
Yes it is well known ritalin has side effects of anger and aggression and in fact experts have found that food supplements , anti oxidants Vit C and Vit B complex have the same efficacy as ritalin.with none of the side effects .... Run it by your doctor , I suggest you go the supplement way to help your son ....good luck
Blank
   I'd first take a look at when he gets angry and what is triggering it.  For example, Ritalin does leave the system (depending on the dose) fairly quickly - hence, the question about when  the anger happens.
    Margypops make a good point about the side effects.  The fact that apparently you weren't aware of it suggests that you need more information about ADHD.  I suggest you buy the book (its cheap through Amazon), "The ADD/ ADHD Answer book," by Susan Ashley.  It will provide you and his parents a lot of very necessary information.
    And finally supplements are always worth trying.  But while some experts say that food supplements do help - other groups like Consumers Report have found very little evidence to suggest that for kids who actually have ADHD, that supplements help.  But, it doesn't hurt to try.  If you have any other questions, I monitor the ADHD forum and would be glad to answer them.  
Blank
my son took ritalin before adderal. He had really bad headaches/stomach aches. He wasn't angry like yours but his behavior did get worse. So we switched him to adderal and didn't have any of these side effects. Might be worth trying.
Blank
535822_tn?1389452880
Maybe good to do research on Adderal before you do , Glad it works well for your son Tanyaluv but it does have some side effects aswell .
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Child Behavior Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...