Child Behavior Community
child behavior

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

child behavior

I have a 9yr old who constantly misbehaves at school, talking out loud, disrupting others, moving and playing all the time, lieing, i can control him at home, but when im not around he is a whole different child. I spanks him very often and it helps for a little while but within a hour or two he is back to the same.I have taken all his toys away, tv, and no outside activities. I wanted to get him test for ADD but the teachers at his school said they didnt think that was the case but that was the first week of school. Any other suggestions, Please help if you can.

This discussion is related to MISS BEHAVING IN SCHOOL.
Sounds like a lot of punishment maybe try to  find out why he behaving like this, spanking him may not help in fact very often it exacerbates the issue as it becomes a war between you.If the teachers think there is no ADD I would think the same .you dont want him labelled I am sure ...