Child Behavior Community
how to get my 3 year old under control?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

how to get my 3 year old under control?

my 3 year old son has been acting out so badly i just dont know how to take it or handle the situation anymore. i am way over stressed and at my wits end with him. he got kicked out of daycare today for hitting and kicking the teachers there he even bruised the main owner from it. he has stabbed a lil kid wit sicissors in the hand at daycare shoved a lil girl down over a toy. at home my son has kicked me hit me bit me and is aggressive towards the dogs he causing them to turn on him. he has a lil brother tha is 2 yrs old tha he is influencing bad and he trys to act like his older brother. my son screams at the top of his lungs at me tells me no throws himself in the floor. bashed his head and face into things. i cant even take him in a store anymore. he screams and yells all the time. there was a time when he has cut his brother before with a knife. i have tired a timeout with a timer, sittin in a chair alone facing away from everything,took toys away, took tv away,stood him in a corner,whooped his butt,i just dont know what is left from me to do. i have tried everything. i even have a behavior specalist coming in the home for him.. what am i to do now??? someone please help

This discussion is related to 3 year old Behavior.
What does the behavior specialist tell you there is a reason for his behavior what input has she got ?
the behavior specialist is just watching him right now. they anit doing anything really. he goes to a physcian at there office oct 13 to see if he is adhd. but what am i to do until then?
Be calm and patient make sure he gets one to one time so hes not feeling left out, if Dads around get him involved ask him to take the child out for some fun and games .,too many punishments especially the hitting if you hit him he will hit others , if you yell he will yell, thats what children do they learn from us .So quiet calm attitude , time outs are okay... walk in his shoes .
My daughter was kicked out of a pre-school because she kicked a teacher in the face. The thing is, the teachers were holding her down, forcing her to sleep. She had every right to smack them.

My point is, even with children there are 3 sides to every story. His side, her side, and the truth. Why did the teachers let him stab another student? Don't they know what triggers him and when he needs to go calm down? Children don't usually do things just for no reason. Perhaps it is time to switch schools.

Can you have a therapist go to school with him once or twice a week? I bet the one on one time would help him. I wouldn't overwhelm him with therapy, but if you think the specialist isn't helping him then find someone else who can. He's not beyond help. I, also agree with margypops, hitting him only reinforces his bad behavior.
Wow they were holding her down to make her sleep .thats so fearful for a child of course she reacted in panic ..