how to stop my son from soiling his clothes
My son is 8 years old almost 9.  He still soils his clothes and nothing works. I have had him to the doctors, an GI said nothing is wrong, He say he can't feel it but sometimes he makes it.  Or if he does go in his pants ( which is everyday 4 or 5 times a day) he will sit in it all day and won;t change himself.  I am beginning nothing will work.  I have added fiber in his diet and tried the rewards nothing works. He does it in school also and while we are away at vacation also. I have had him talk to a behavior doctor for a while and he still does it. He dosen't like school and I don;t like when the school always calls. I have tried every trick in the book been very understanding though this whole deal .  Nothing is medical wrong so the GI doctor says.
Now I want to ask you what your definition of soiling is ....mine goes like this ...the child isnt wiping properly so his underwear is always 'soiled' now I ask you is it more than that is he having a 'full' poop.??
If there is some impacted bowel, he can get encopresis and it bypasses the impacted stool and just slips out without him being aware of it.  I'd double check that before blaming him or thinking it is behavioral.  Check impacted bowel on Wikipedia.  It can take up to a year to treat it once the impacted stool is removed.
If the doctor has told you that there is nothing wrong and tested him then it probably is behavioral and some more counseling will help, does he seem upset by anything you say he doesn't like school is there any bullying .?