Child Behavior Community
inappropriate touching 11yo boy 7yo girl

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

I just found out that approx 2 years ago my son (11 at the time) on 3 occassions took his girl cousin (7 at the time) into a locked bathroom.  She went on her own.
1st time : he looked at her with her pants down  
2nd time: both had their pants down and he touched her bum
3rd time: both had pants down and he rub himself against her.  
He tried again after the third tme but she said no.
Two years later she has found out in school that this is bad and told her mom and dad.    He confessed everything to me excatly as I was told by the girl's mom.  He said no one ever touched him like that. He showed embarassment for the evening and said over and over he was sorry and just courious.  He swore up and down he never did anything like that after the time with her.
My entire family has disowned us.  We are in a total emoitional crisis.  Please help.  I want to get into counseling to help us get through this.  I have spoken to many offices but no one returns my calls.  

annemarie,  our society has lost our minds where child sex play is concerned.  Had he pushed her down a flight of stairs three times,  rather than looking at her genitals,  your family would probably not have disowned you.

An 11 year old,  and a 7 year old,  are pretty contemporary.  This isn't like a 17 year old boy and a 2 year old girl.  Both kids knew what they were doing and did this willingly.

If your family has disowned you for this,  you've suffered no great loss.  Fill your lives with good friends and people you love and enjoy,  and let them go.  They weren't worth it to begin with,  and they never were all that attached to you at all if this is all it takes (after two years of no one seeming harmed) to dismiss your family.

Best wishes.  Reading these boards this happens a LOT.  Support your son,  and get on with your life.
I forgot to add this,  because often after I post the original poster adds a comment that changes the whole story so my response is inappropriate.

If this is exactly as you are telling it,  and your son hasn't done things all along so that this experimentation was merely the straw that broke the camel's back,  the above post stands.

Best wishes.
The boy was to young to know what he was doing this was exploration if you really want to prove it to your family ask a phsyciatrist if most eleven year olds knew about sex at the time.