losing focus
My 9 year old son has been having problems in school.  Now this has been happing every school year since he was in 2nd grade.  Now that he is in 4th nothing has changed. He keeps on losing focus during school and homework is horriable.  Something that should take him 20 min to do it sometimes takes him 2 hours.  His teacher and I have been speaking and she feels that if he just focus on what he needs to do he will be fine.  His writing skills are not that good and his 6 years old brother has been penmaship then he does.  I had him tested for ADD/ADHD in 2nd grade and that is not the case.  I don't know what to do.
Have him tested again, sometimes that changes. My son didn't show  his ADHD until he was in 4th grade and he also was suffering of anxiety.
Believe it not, poor writing skills and lack of focus (as well as homework issues) are all signs of anxiety.  Does he have any other anxiety behaviours?  I might suggest you google the phrase "anxiety behaviors in children" or "anxiety and school" or similar words or phrases to see if any of the descriptions remind you of your son.  Just wondering .....
He does have ticks and I know that is part of his anxiety.  I spoke to my son last night and told him that I was going to have him tested and do all I can to help him and he was happy about it.  It just confirmed that something is not right.  I called his neuro doctors this morning.