Child Behavior Community
my 3 year old is out of contol

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

my 3 year old is out of contol

I have 3 boys ages 6,3, and 8 months. my 3 year old I don't kno what to do with him any more. he only wants to eat junk food and drink, when it come to eating dinner and lunch he doesn't eat all he wants to do I drink. ive put him him in time out it doesn't work ive made him go to bed without eating it doesn't work spankings don't work as well im giving up hope.ive  had to hide all the snack food and he will get a way to get it and I take it form him n put hin in time out its a contant battle im about to pad lock the firidge and freezer I had had to throw everything out several times this week due to him going in the fridge late at night when we are sleeping to waking up with the fridge wide open and the freezer as well. he is 3 I don't know what to do about this anymore ive lost a lot of money due to this issue had to throw meats away he will turn the frige n freezer off and he doesn't listen to anything I tell him. I thought this was a stage but it has been going on for over a year now im losing my mind, and my other son is getiing snack time taking away due to this as well because he will go after my 6 year old and snatch the snack away or he will go up and grab anyones drink with out even asking he trys n helps himself to everything when he has been in time out spankings and no toys nothing seems to work someone please help me, he wont sit down for anything the doctors wont test him for anything til he is in school and he also plays with himself everyday and the doctor says its normal but its not normall when he Is contantly doing it and the nosies he makes along with it grosses me out, I have a talk with him telling him he is only allowed to do it in the bath room and he will go int herer for a very long time and I have got on to him about it as well told him that Is a bad thing to be doing please help im going crazy
It sounds like this little guy needs to be approached differently. Try working with him and meeting him where he's at instead of just fighting over the issue. I really feel like this needs to be done with food especially. You cannot force anyone to eat. Spanking, time outs, and depriving your child of food are not ok and will not get him to eat. It will just make the situation worse. What foods does he like? It is going to take some time and hard work to get him to eat other foods. He may need some help from a feeding clinic if you cannot do it. Your doctor should be able to give you a referral for this.

My daughter prefers to drink over eating so we cooperate with her and let her get many of her nutrients through her drinks. She drinks a lot of Boost Kid Essentials (you could also buy Pediasure) and V8 Fusion. I make vegetable purees and put them in the food I know she likes. Yeah I bend over backwards and go out of my way to get her to eat right, but it works. Please, please do not take away snack time. Growing children NEED to eat and will easily become malnourished if you take away their food.  
Early intervention can make all the difference in the world.  The school district is responsible for providing services, even if he has not started school yet.  I would find a different Dr.  and ask for evaluations, find the nearest children's hospital, community mental health clinic or college with a pediatric developmental center.  Also, can I recommend not having any junk in the home at all? snacks can be fruits/veggies and everyone will benefit.