potty standing up
My son is 18 months old and is interested in going potty like a big boy. However, he won't go on a potty chair, he will only go standing up. Probably because he watches daddy stand up. He will go when I ask him, or at least try (makes grunting noises when pushing). I know we could do this but I don't know how when he'll only stand.
Does anyone have any advice? All is appreciated!
My suggestion is to skip the potty chair all together.  Let me just say that those things are so not fun to clean.  If you buy a ring padded seat to place on the regular toilet, perhaps he'll be more interested in occasionally sitting to pee.  But I'd just buy clorox wipes and go with the big potty.  It saves a step of getting rid of those potty chairs.  I used a potty chair with my first son (I really can not express how much I hated cleaning those . . .  especially number 2!) but with my second son, I just used the real toilet.  He did have a ring for it (his was diego, they make them with cute characters) that he used so he didn't feel like he was falling through for number 2.  good luck  
Also be sure he sees daddy sitting down on the potty on occasion.  If he is copying his role model, this will help.

He's pretty young, if you get him just to pee in the toilet, that is doing fine at 18 months.
Oh anniebrooke, good idea!  I never thought of that!!
Thanks everyone!! He will pee next to the potty chair standing so he knows to go potty there but will not sit. I think daddy will have to spend more time with him, and show him to pee sitting down. A friend suggested having him stand on the real toilet seat? Daddy and I are going to have to have a conversation and decide what way to go. Might just get a ring like special mom suggested. I really don't want to clean #2 out of it. Thanks again for giving.me more to think about!