Child Behavior Community
son aroused and erect

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

son aroused and erect

My son is 5 yrs old and his friend is also 5.Today i caught them in the bathroon togeather. His friend was sleeping over and  it was bathtime. So i called them in to the bathroom. And i help them get in to the tub and i noticed they look kinda aroused by the site of each other naked but i payed no mind that,And i helped them out of the bathtub and when they were done i dried them off and they havent even got there undies on before they both said they had to pee. I noticed i forgot to get their cloth so i let them drop their towels and pee together bare naked.So i left to go get them and once i got my sons clothing i started looking for his friends.Finaly i just got another pair of my sons so his friend had something to ware.When i finaly got back i walk in and see them both on the floor siting close with legs open and both of their penis(s) were erect.but all i could do is say time to put your cloths on and act like i saw nothing. "And the hardest/wierdest part was i still had to help them into PJs".  Is this normal for his age? please someone tell me im not the only one who has been in that kind of situation.
I wouldn't pay any attention to this. It is perfectly normal for boys to get erections at any age. These two may have just been curious at the same time and both got erections at the same time. Should be no big deal. You handled the situation in the correct way. Don't worry about things.
my son with aspergers who is 9,comes to me  whenever his penis erects to get a answer why his penis erects.several times i told him that it happens  because he grows.but as a mum i am guilty whether iam telling him the right stuff.what other explanation i can give to him about this.please help.
I think that the information you give to your son depends on how much he is able to understand at this time. I think that your explanation to your son is correct but if he is asking for a better explanation, then maybe looking up information about the human body and it works should be okay. Keep the information as simple as possible so that he is able to understand what you are telling him and just keep answering his questions to the best of your abilities. If you need to, take him to your pediatrician and let them answer his questions with you. You could also go to the library where there are lots of information on different subjects. You could also look the information up on the internet or if there is a male figure in his life like his dad or a uncle or grandfather, then maybe he can get answers from them as well. Other than that, I'm not sure what else to tell you other than to be honest with him. I haven't reached this type of questioning with either one of my sons yet but I have reached some of this type of questioning with my daughter. I try to be as open and honest as possible with my children. Good luck.