touching penis's
my 4 year old son told his 2 year old brother to touch his penis and then to kiss it.  Is this normal?  I had the talk about touching and keeping your hands to yourself and not letting others touch him as well.  But I want to know if this is normal .
is it possible that he heard someone say this or saw it in anyway? I would say that it could be normal but i would ask more questions.
let me rephrase that..not something that you may have done or said but maybe someone else that is near him.
Boys are boys , he's 4 i had the same problem with my 5 year old brother and his obsessive touching of his penis. They know they have a penis and they know when touched it feels good. You need to explain to him that his doings should be done privately alone and only he should be the one touching himself. Nobody else. Telling a 2year old to kiss it , is nasty but i guess he knows that it  feels good. Explain to him that , thats not appropriate .
this help a lot.  It sounds like this is normal behavoir.  my husband and i were very upset and didn't know what to think of it.  Im starting to think that we handled it all wrong with our 4 year old.  
To answer question momof5b1g.  I asked our 4 year old were he learned this.  He said himself.  He did not see or hear of it from anyone.

thanks all for your comments.
I agree with leigh, I'm a dad of 3 boys under 7 and raising my 13 year old brother. What ur son was doing is normal. Kids learn what feels good, if it feels good they will keep doing it till its corrected. Just tell him about privacy and to only touch himself. That doesn't always work though, iv had this talk with my 6 year old a few times, but it is just experimentation so I don't blow it out of proportion. He also doesn't understand the meaning of privacy, none of my boys do yet. Boys will be boys. May I ask how u handled it? If u overeacted, it could mean some serious problems when he's older because he will think its wrong, when it is only natural. Sit down and apologize and explain to him how u handled it was wrong, but that it was a good thing for him to be doing. Good luck.
Yes, my husband and j over reacted completely.  My husband spacked him and sent him to his room.  He was sent to bed earlie.  I did talk to him and told him to never tell his brother or any other friend to touch or kiss his penis.  I need to talk to him again to tell him that it is normal for him to touch his penis but only in his room alone.  I will talk with him tomorrow about that.  Thank you for taking the time to write to me.  I feel a lot better about the situation
My 6 year old was touching his penis this morning and was really hard, he was massaging it and said that it gets big when he sits and in the morning. I didn't what to say so I said that it gets like that because he has to go pee.
How did I handle it? Could I have differently? What do you suggest?
Thank you for your response.
I agree with you