Child Nutrition Expert Forum
absorption problem?
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding child nutrition issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies and food, Balanced Menus, Diabetes, Finicky Eaters, Healthy Snacks, Nutrition, Weight Loss.

To help the Registered Dietitian evaluate your child's nutritional status, please state your child's weight (in kg or lbs.), height, and age in the content of your question.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

absorption problem?

My 5 year old sons nails are cracking even his toenails that are in shoes most of the day.  His tooth just chipped while he was flossing.  He has been yelling that his mouth is on fire.  We did see the ENT and he looked and said it was irritated so we started him on zantac.  He has been refusing milk and cheese.  He loves Broccoli.  I wondered about thyroid but the nurse practitioner said it was good. Could  a milk allergy or absorption problem cause these symptoms?  He talked later than normal and had speech therapy for a year.  His speech is good now but misses still  a couple of letters.  thriving in school just seems to be tired and pale a lot of the time.  He is the first to fall asleep.  He does eat mostly what I give him.  He does eat a variety of foods.  He perplexes me.  We have 6 kids and I am an LPN.  
Is your child male or female?
:  
Male
What is your child's age?
:  
What is your child's weight (kgs or lbs)
:  
35 lbs