Child Nutrition Expert Forum
nutritiion and ADHD

This forum is for questions and support regarding child nutrition issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies and food, Balanced Menus, Diabetes, Finicky Eaters, Healthy Snacks, Nutrition, Weight Loss.

To help the Registered Dietitian evaluate your child's nutritional status, please state your child's weight (in kg or lbs.), height, and age in the content of your question.

nutritiion and ADHD
Has there been an effective diet to help treat ADHD or studies on possible vitamin defficiencies that can worsen or treat ADHD symptoms?
There have been numerous studies of diets with ADHD, however, nothing has been scientifically proven. The best management is behavioral modification and medication. Sorry, I could not help you.
I have a 6 year old who has sever ADHD and has been on meds since he was 4 1/2. THe only thing that I have found to help as far as diet goes is I started keeping track of his gluten intake. When I completely toom the white flours out of his diet his ADHD got better. Dont get me wrong he still gets gluten because I cant afford to take it completely out of his diet but I have cut his intake back ALOT and it helps.

As far as the vitamin defficiencies - havent heard anything at all.