Chlamydia Community
Chlamydia treatment failure?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

Chlamydia treatment failure?

Ok. So august 18th i had unprotected sex with a new partner. The morning of sep 1st i noticed itching at the tip of my penis. This continued through the day while i was at work. Next morning, i noticed clear/white discharge, and more itching. so sep 3rd i went to a planned parenthood facility and told them what was going on and that i wanted to get tested. So i took a urine test there for chlamydia and gonorrhea and told them my symptoms. They gave me 2 500mg zithromax pills and told me that would be it. The following 2 days i saw no improvement in my symptoms. The third day i saw SLIGHT improvement. Still had discharge in the morning and off and on itching, and pain while urinating.

So a week after i took the zithromax pills i called the clinic and told them im still having symptoms, and they told me my test results were positive for Chlamydia and negative for gonorrhea. anyways i made an appointment for that monday, sep 12th to talk to the doctor again. This time she gave me 7 days of doxycycline and if i still had symptoms i would have to see a urologist. About 3 days into the doxy i noticed improvement. No morning discharge and very little itching/pain when peeing. I was very happy until the next day i noticed my right testicle was sore and somewhat felt swollen. I finish the doxy and give it a couple more days to see if it would go away. I then decide to make an appointment at a urologist for oct 3rd and they give me some anti-inflammatory for 10 days and schedule and ultrasound for oct 10. Ultrasound shows nothing unusual. Follow up at the urologist a week later and despite telling them i still have discomfort/swelling, that i need to give things more time to "settle down" in there from the infection. They do take a urine sample and that is where im at now. Still with swollen testicle. Im just not convinced that this is normal like they say.

Can anyone tell me what they think might be going on here. Everything i find online says that chlamydia treatment with the drugs i took is 100%. Could me test for gonorrhea have been a false negative? Where should i go from here? This is really starting to wear thin on me
I would contine to follow up with the uriologist, he/she is your best option at this point.