Did Chlamydia treatment fail?
Hi, I tested positive for Chlamydia and have been on a 10 day Doxycycline treatment, taking two tablets a day. Almost as soon as I started taking the medication my symptoms went away. However at day 9 and 10 of treatment that same warm, uncomfortable feeling came back to my groin area, and a slight itch, which is what I was feeling before I got tested, except its not nearly as bad as it was then. Its now day 11. I'm going to retest in a week.
My question is, does this sound normal at all? Or does this mean treatment failed, and I shouldn't even wait to retest, but just get another prescription and start treatment again?

Also, I had no sexual contact where I could have reinfected myself. And except for the first day of Doxycycline, where I had dairy, I followed the medication instructions exactly.