Chlamydia Community
Is regular chlamydia different than rectal chlamydia?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

I was diagnosed with rectal chlamydia recently, and was hoping someone can answer my question regarding chlamydia testing. Long story short, I had a general STD checkup (minus the rectal swab) early this year(Feb) that came up with all clear results. About a week ago I had a rectal swab test done that came back positive with rectal chlamydia. I had sex with only 2 different people this year, starting about 4 month after the February STD checkup. So I was wondering, could the regular chlamydia test done in the winter, have missed the rectal chlamydia? or Is it clear that I caught rectal chlamydia after having sex with those two individuals post February STD checkup?

Any sort of help is greatly appreciated.
Chlamydia can be caught in different areas, so you could have had rectal chlamydia for months but if you never had a rectal swab you would not have known.

If you have recal chlamydia, I really hope you test for HIV and USE CONDOMS?
This helps with my question, can Clamydia (chlamydia) be isolated to the mouth, penis, anus or vagina?  I believe my symptoms to be Clamydia (chlamydia), but it is only in my mouth and throat.  
Thanks. I always try to use condoms. As well I got tested for all other STIs including HIV and they came back negative.

To answer my own and Steve000 question, the doctor told me that you can get chlamydia in different places. so the chlamydia test I got done in feb didn't/would not have catch/caught the rectal chlamydia. Or as my doctor told me "It was highly likely that you got the rectal chlamydia infection within the past month rather than a whole year"