Chlamydia Community
could i be misdiagnosed with chlamydia

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

could i be misdiagnosed with chlamydia

okay im 2 moths pregnant i went to my obgyn on the march 6th to have my first oral ultrasound where they also took the pee sample and another vaginal sample for testing.. yesterday and the day before yesterday i had sum slight light pinkish spotting. not serious though but i still decided to call my doctor after the second time it happened she then told me that i needed to go to the er and that I also tested positive for chlamydia. that did not make sense to me because back in septemeber of 2012 i had an annual at the clinic where i tested negative for everything and the only thing they had to tell me was that i had a low grade papsmere which has NOTHING to do with the std testing. i told the lady on the phone that it couldnt be right cause i already tested negative and i was only with one person which also actually had the test done at his school for aids and any other std and he was cleared i have been with the same perso faithfully this whole entire time and we were having unprotected sex the whole entire time so if i was to initially get it from him i would have had a postive testing i september but i didn't since september of 2012 my now fiance which is the same guy had joined into the military in which at meps he was tested once again for everything and nothing came back that was positive he is currently going to his RSP's and training up until its time for him to leave for basic and im sure if he had something they would have had him called in and cured for me and him because that is my partner or atleast cure him but i would have known we fricken live together and where he goes i go. where i go he goes and so on. now out the blue i am told i am testing positive i havent been with anyone so something is not right is it possible to be misdianosed? because im sure if i had it this whole time and the clinic messed up meps would had found that he had chlamydia. somebody plz help. i have been to the ER for the spotting they told me no heavy lifting and to keep my feet up and my obgyn assistant has me coming in tomorrow at 9. am. probably to treat me for this random chlamydia?
Yes it is possible to get a false positive. You can retest and see what the result is before you treat it.
Yes it could be a false test. But den I wouldn't really worried about it since clymedia is curable wit antibiotics.. dependin if it hasent passd 2nd stage u could infect other organs and start having problems feeling pain..it'll take longer to treat...
Have a Chlamydia question?
100,000+ doctor answers