Chronic Pain Expert Forum
Question

Questions in the Chronic Pain forum are answered by medical professionals and experts.

Question

I’m ctually from the Auto immune community but felt compelled to write in the Back and neck community.  My Rheumatologist checked my Vitamin D levels and anything under 32 is considered dangerous.  Mine came back a 7.5. I was put on 50,000 iu’s of Vitamin D a day this is prescription only, they said it was so low that normal vitamins would not help.  I’m amazed that my back problems have gone away.  I always though it was just something that I would have to live with.  I’m writing to your community to ask people to have the test run, I was amazed to find out that its not just a test that is ran automatically. There are many reasons why you may loose your vitamin D levels.  I have not felt this good since I was in my 20’s and just wanted to let you all know They are finding that low vitamin d levels contribute to several diseases such as Cancer, Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson, Rheumatoid Arthritis.  I hope this helps others. I’m so amazed in the difference that I feel.
Thank you for your comment.  When I worked in the prison system they did a screening on African American women and found that most had low levels.  This was in the winter, when everyone tends to stay inside-- as you know, the sun is important for the conversion to active Vit D, and dark-skinned individuals need more sunlight for the same effects.
Thank you for the response however I'm a very fair complected person who lives in a warm climate.  I have never gone through such pain in my life.