Chronic Pain Expert Forum
Very worried.

Questions in the Chronic Pain forum are answered by medical professionals and experts.

Very worried.
Two months ago, I woke with what I thought was food poisoning, bad lower left quadrant pain and diarhea. Pain cleared after 2days, but has returned every 2-3 days Lasts for 15mins to an hour. .Diareha still present, loose watery yellowish , though better with Imodium. some days I feel great, no pain. On the days I have the pain I feel tired and poorly. I have also suffered two bad night sweats, which are something I have never had before.Also left hip pain on some days.
Hi Yogi Bear,
Any fresh complaints? Please discuss.
I'm no doctor, so please talk to your doctor about your symptoms. S/he will probably want to make sure it's nothing serious. If it is, the sooner you get to your dr, the sooner you can fix what's going on....  Please don't ignore this--your body is trying to tell you something......good luck and keep us posted.
YOGI, I have "IBS" (Irritable bowel syndrome) and I have many of the symptoms you describe. I'll spend random hours (off and on) in the bathroom and I get weaker and more tired as the day goes on. I get no warnings when the IBS is coming on (I get a 'gurglin' in my stomach seconds before; that's it..) My Dr prescribed medication that helps a little better than ImodiumAD. I take a pill before eating out at anyone's house (so I don't spend all my time in their bathroom) and also before going to a restaurant or even for ice cream. PS--But I never have left hip pain. (we shouldn't self-diagnose and I truly think your Dr can help you keep whatever you have under control...)
Thanks me236. I have a blood test and an ultra sound tomorrow, as I have had ibs for 8yrs but I feel this is something else. Thank - you for your responses. x
did your blood work or ultrasound show anything?? .hope everything goes well...anxious to hear back from u!