103.6-degree fever (adult)
37-yr old otherwise healthy male.  Started feeling achy on last Wednesday evening.  By Thursday, the mercury slowly rose to top-out at 103.6.  Horrible chills to raging inferno.  Knuckles and joints and muscles all hurt.  Didn't hurt to brush my hair, light wasn't annoying to my eyes, didn't have a headache.  No sniffles, sore throat, etc.  I am totally lost as to what to think.  As of the following Monday, my temp is back to normal and I'm fine (no medicine or doctor's visit).  

Can anyone please tell me what's going on?  In addition, my teeth (gums, actually...and I have all my natural teeth and only one cavity, filled) are so sore.  My gums appear inflammed and almost a ruby-red grapefruit color.  Even my lips are an odd reddish color.  I kid you not, a local hometown grocery clerk I know asked if I was wearing lipstick.  As embarassing as that is, I sincerely am concerned and would like any help or nudge in a helpful direction as to what might be happening.  Perhaps the two aren't related.  My gums have been hurting for over three months now.

Thank you in advace.

Cheers.
wow you sound like you are in a lot of pain.. I would get into the doc asap... maybe you have a tooth that is infected or something.. just a guess!!