Cold & Flu Community
Anybody ever heard of a para virus?

This forum is for questions and support regarding cold and flu issues such as: Adult Cold, Adult Flu, Child Cold, Child Flu, Drugs and Medications, Immune Compromised Cold and Flu issues, Cold and Flu Prevention, Pneumonia, Senior Cold, Senior Flu, Treatments, Vaccines, The Flu Shot.

Anybody ever heard of a para virus?

I am suffering through my third cold of the winter.  This one started with aches and tiredness then progressed into hoaresness followed by a cough and tight chest so I went to the doctor.  He said there is a "para virus" going around which is related to the flu and that the best thing to do is to drink plenty of fluids, rest, and take vitamins for the immune system.  The cough is actually pretty bad but since I have no fever I guess I just need to let the virus run its course. I am just curious whether anybody else has ever heard of a para virus and if you know how long it takes to recover.  Any advice will be appreciated.  Thanks.
Avatar n tn
its just a normal flu