Cold & Flu Community
Chest hurts when I cough

This forum is for questions and support regarding cold and flu issues such as: Adult Cold, Adult Flu, Child Cold, Child Flu, Drugs and Medications, Immune Compromised Cold and Flu issues, Cold and Flu Prevention, Pneumonia, Senior Cold, Senior Flu, Treatments, Vaccines, The Flu Shot.

Chest hurts when I cough

I Recently was coughing and producing some flem (phlegm). Never had a fever, or a runny nose. The flem (phlegm) stopped a few days ago, but now have chest discomfort when I cough. Have had pleuracy before, and doesn't seem the same. It doesn't hurt when I breathe in, just when I cough. Is there anything over the counter I can take or should I opt for Dr. visit and possible chest xrays to rule out pneumonia?

Thank you
I'm not a doctor, but, I would suggest that if the coughing is subsiding, do not much of anything other than perhaps a pain killer like Tylenol. If the coughing is not subsiding... see a doc.

Phil