Foul-smelling nasal drainage
Hi, I have been sick for the last week or so with headaches, sinus-aches, nasal drainage down the back of my throat causing stomach upsets, and loads of other symptoms related to a cold.  My question for you is:  Mostly my nose is not running except down the back of my throat, but occasionally I will sneeze and it's a very gross, foul-smelling, bloody, lumpy discharge.  It is somewhat clear.  I have had siusitus in the past, so I am not really worried about a little bit of blood.  My concern is the foul-smelling drainage.  It seems to be stuck in my nose and mouth, making me gag occasionally, it's that bad.   I am strongly against taking antibiotics for a viral infection, and the doctor here seems to be very much so pro-antibiotics.  For this reason, I have not gone to the doctor yet.  Should I be concerned about the putrid smell?  All I can imagine is rotting flesh or something up there causing this.  Should I be concerned or stick it out and just let my own defenses fight this off?  

Thanks for your help.
I think i remember answering your question in ENT forum?  Anyways, go to your doctor, sounds like a sinus infection.
I am only new to this forum, so it couldn't have been me that you remember answering.  I looked through most of the other forums and couldn't find anything relevant.  Maybe you could direct me to the question that you remember answering that sounds relavent.  

I am avoiding going to the doctor, because they push antibiotics on me.  I want to know if I can use an alternative method to heal, or does the foul-smelling discharge mean that I have something that can't heal without an antibiotic??  

Thanks for your help.
i am also getting this taste and am imaging the worst.. did you get any ans ?
No answers, but today I have woken up, with my sore throat gone and the smell is gone as well.  I think what ever infection it was, my body has been fighting it off naturally.  I'm glad I could do it without antibiotics!  I'm not out of the woods yet, I starter coughing up some gross stuff from my lungs.  I didn't even think anything was down there.  

If you are getting the taste as well, you haven to make your own decisions about the antibiotics.  Keep up your fluids.  I hate drinking water when I'm sick, but forced myself to keep on drinking regardless of my sore throat.   Good Luck Ciarao!
Glad you got by without antibiotics.  Nasal steroids help many sinus infections and rhinitis.  Sinus saline rinses help too.