I have had a stuffy nose for as long as i can remeber
Im no medical doctor so my description may not be that accurate but here goes.

For as long as I can remember when I try to go to sleep , depending on which side I sleep on my nose get stuffed up on that side.  For example if I sleep on my left side my nose gets stuffed up on my left side causing me to turn over, and the right side gets stuffed up.  When im not sick this cycle continues usually for an hour or longer, when I am sick even with the miracle of OTC medicine I am lucky to sleep for more than a couple of hours total.  To better help diagnose my problem I would like to describe as best I can what is going on inside my head/nose.  It seems almost like there is a mass of mucus in the far reaches inside my nose, i suspect my sinuses but im uneducated in the medical field, and it slowly seems to slide to the other side of my nose as I turn over.  When i press my chest, more specifically my rib/lung area, harder against my mattress it seems to accelerate the process.  I want to add that this does not only happen when I go to bed, it happens almost anytime my back or chest is pressured against any surface. Sleeping was the easiest example to explain.  One might simply suggest that sleeping on your back is the best solution, I have tried that and it is almost impossible to perfectly distribute your weight along the middle of my body, and when I am able to achieve this feat both sides of my nose congest.