When should I see a doctor?
I am a healthy 31 year old female (non-smoker) I have been sick with cold flu symptoms for 8 days now.  It started out with just a sore throat. The second day I developed a fever of 102 which lasted for two days.  I was coughing up hard green and blood filled mucus in the mornings only for those two days as well.  Since day 4 I still have a severe sore throat and am coughing up dark yellow/green phlem in the mornings and have a nagging unproductive cough for the rest of the day. Two days ago I developed a medium sized white sore on the top of my throat (looks similar to a canker sore) and a couple of tiny ones around the edges. My voice is horse though it doesn't hurt to talk.  Also my chest is begining to feel very tight.  It may be from coughing all the time or may be congestion I can't tell.  I have been putting off going to the doctor because I thought the symptoms would go away on their own.  However, now that these spots are forming, I am becoming more concerned that I may need to see the doctor.
Yeah I think it may be time to see a dr, it sounds like it's getting nasty and you may need some sort of antibiotic to help treat it. Also (in the future) you need to be wary any time you have a fever that high, if it sticks around for more than a day or two you should see a dr.
Sounds like Strep Throat - for which you will need antibiotics. It won't go away on it's own.
Hopefully you went to see a doctor and you're feeling better.  Feeling sick for more than 3 days with symptoms not getting better is a good time to see a doctor.  Feel better.