blood in mucus and nose
I am 33 y/o, female and have had a cold (cough and runny nose, congestion) for a few months now. I orignially got dx w/sinus infection (after I lost my voice) and was given amoxy and nasonex. I took amoxy for few days before I lost it.I recently found it and started it again.  This past weekend when I spit out my mucus there's dime sized blood in it. Mucus is light brown caramel color.  This morning I blew my nose and found blood in that as well.
A few months of cough, runny nose, congestion isn't just a sinusitis or cold.  The amoxicillin would have killed most bacteria.  The nasonex is a good nasal steroid to reduce nasal inflammation and drainage and congestion.

Blood isn't uncommon with drainage, but you should see your doctor since it's concerning when you cough it up.  It's usually from small broken capillaries but we always worry about TB or cancer with bloody cough.

The most likely reason for a small amount of blood is a nosebleed or irritated bronchi.  Best see your doc.