Aa
A
A
Close
painfull chest when breathing/coughing
I had developed a cold and thought it was gone.  I came down with a cough and just a cough at first but then it started to break up and the coughs turned productive.  My coughing continued and sometimes turning into a coughing fit.  My ribs started hurting to the point where I couldn't sleep.  Painkillers didn't seem to help.  I went to the ER and the did a chest x-ray and said it wasn't pneumonia.  They gave me cough medicine with codene, an in-haler and an antibiotic (z-pack) I took the antibiotics for the five days without any relief.  I went to my PCP and he said it most likely was bronchitis and gave me another type of 5 day antibiotic.  I have finished those five and still no relief and I am taking up to 1000mg of ibuprofen before I get relief.  Acetaminofen doesn't help at all.  It does feel like the pain is in my ribs but isn't going away and I have stopped coughing for the most part for the last 3-4 days.  Do need to go back to my dr. or will the pain go away - it is mostly concentrated under my right breast.
Cancel
0 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Cold & Flu Community Resources